Late Shore Blues

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeker

Service Attendant
The last few days # 49 has lost 2-3 hours between Albany and Buffalo. Is CSX doing track work or is this the usual MO for this train. I have a trip planned next week so just curious.

Yes, there is a lot of track work being performed by CSX for this summer between Buffalo & Albany. I was just on 48 and 49 and we lost an hour or so between those points. Also the new platforms at Rochester have caused considerable delay because of having to do multiple spots for the cars due to shortened temporary platforms.

Plan accordingly when riding the LSL this summer. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on 48 from Chicago to Albany last Saturday and it was nearly three hours late. I was on the 448 stub train from Albany to Boston on Monday night and it was 2 and 1/2 hours late. If you are going anywhere on the Late Shore Limited this summer in any direction, it may be a bit late. :)

I was scheduled to be on board 449/49 on August 7 and got a call from Amtrak last week that the portion between Boston and Albany was canceled and that busses would be provided. Rather than accepting that, I rescheduled for early October.

The Rochester station will be a great improvement when finished, but right now they can platform maybe two cars? It's definitely causing delays.

Work is still ongoing at Albany and from Albany-Schenectady.

And CSX decided to do its work at the same time. It all adds up. :-(

I took it in the spring and it was on time, but track work seems to have affected that. It's a great train all the same esp dining in the heritage diner...a couple extra hours on the LSL isn't the worst thing

I was on 49 from NYC to Chicago Wednesday. We arrived 3 3/4 hours late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back