Late Train Connections

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

russman

Train Attendant
My girls and I are riding the Empire Builder #8 connecting in CHI to the Capitol Limited. 8 has been running late quite a bit recently. If I miss my connection, am I on my own for getting a hotel room, or does Amtrak assist with getting a room and reimbursement. I'm traveling with young people so I just want to be prepared just in case. Thank you!

You didnt mention how far you are traveling in Capitol Limited.

In case there are other alternatives to your destination, rather than waiting a day in Chicago you can call the support and request your routing.

IF both trains are on the same reservation and not two separate reservations, then, yes, Amtrak will take care of you.

Capitol Limited from CHI to WAS and they are both on the same reservation. Thanks! Good to know. I was considering booking a room just in case as it sure has been running late. Today was about 6 hours late.

If timing (and cost) allows, I'd probably change to the Lake Shore Limited connecting to a regional train. That's what I have booked for my trip in October, and that connection seems to be made more regularity.

That being said, if the CL connection isn't made, it's possible that if there's room available they may book you on the LSL instead.

I did consider that, but the LSL arrives in DC in the middle of the night. We have to travel by subway or car to our final destination. While not impossible, it isn't very desirable to do late at night by myself with two kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back