Leno strikes again

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfleet said:
Oh, come on, that was funny you have to admit. :lol: I still watch his show at least 2-3 nights a week.
The classic rejoinder would be "Haven't you been to a doctor about your insomnia yet?". ;)

Amfleet said:
Oh, come on, that was funny you have to admit. :lol: I still watch his show at least 2-3 nights a week.
I agree, it was kind of funny. For those who don't like the joke, think of it as funny because it isn't true. I watch it a lot too, I really like headlines.

He also made a joke about Amtrak being safer than the airlines because of the druken pilots, naked pilots, and pilots with gun's. He said also that makes Amtrak's drunken engineers not seem so bad. Then Kevin Eubanks tried to picture Jay on Amtrak. After, Jay says Amtrak is a great way to travel... especially for people trying to escape the law.

Well, I like a lot of his humour, and I usually stay awake long enough on Monday nights for Headlines.

I usually cringe at his Amtrak humour, though, because I think he just so really doesn't get it about trains, and safety. And I kind of cringe to hear the audience laughing along with him...it makes you wander if most of the American public thinks Amtrak is just junk, always wrecking, etc. Maybe we can be a little too sensitive at times. It is human nature for the ears to pick up and be especially sensitive to things which pertain to oneself.

But I really think Mr. Leno could use some educating.

It's funny, but couldn't he take a swipe at Union Pacific or CSX, for a change. They put a lot more trains on the ground that Amtrak does.

Well, for one, it is entirely possible he doesn't know the difference......there are people out there who think every train, every freight, etc is "an amtrak."

I have read of people suing Amtrak when a freight and their car collide...not realizing Amtrak has nothing whatsoever to do with any part of it.

Viewliner said:
After, Jay says Amtrak is a great way to travel... especially for people trying to escape the law.
Come on we all know that most fugituves couldn't afford an Amtrak ticket, they mostly ride the dog or steal a car :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back