Live Chat every Sunday 7PM ET

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firebert said:
That's odd. It worked for me and I think I'm using the most bug-ridded version of IE that Microsoft has ever made. I can't wait for Sept. 26 when I can try out the chat at home using Safari. I have a feeling it will work much better at home than at work.-Firebert
Is Apple updating Safari on the 26th or something? Safari has its problems with quite a few things, too, and in many cases seems to be an old, outdated version of Netscape. Some system detection pages even detect it as a Netscape browser. <_<

Is Apple updating Safari on the 26th or something?  Safari has its problems with quite a few things, too, and in many cases seems to be an old, outdated version of Netscape.  Some system detection pages even detect it as a Netscape browser.
I haven't heard any Safari update rumors. The next major update will be when Tiger hits store shelves. It's been a good browser for me since it came out. I did have some java issues with it in the beginning but they've all been hammered out. Safari is actually based on the KHTML engine found in Knoqueror on UNIX systems. It is not based on the Netscape Gecko engine.

-Firebert

Update: Just tried the chat room out with Safari. It works fine but you don't have access to the menus like on windows systems. It's a bug I can live with.

GG1,

That link leads me to a website about Walt's trains, not an article on the shutdown of the LV monorail. So did you mean to post something about LV or Disney?

Additionally if one clicks through to the Disney monorail, that page does happen to mention a shutdown of the Disney monorail. However, it should be noted that this is old news. That site was last updated in 1998 and the monorail is currently operating.

AlanB said:
GG1,
That link leads me to a website about Walt's trains, not an article on the shutdown of the LV monorail.
Aloha

I appoligize for my error, however I have never seen an instance where a site refers you to another site without the url adress getting changed. The refered address was from a LV paper written on Sept. 23. I found the correct url and edited the original message.

Again sorry.

I tried to access the chat today but got a message that port 6667 is blocked! I called up my campus's tech support # and was told that our firewall blocks it (I am not sure why and they didn't know either). I only have internet access from on campus so I guess that means I can't chat unless there is another way around it.

:(

Aloha

Tried to access the chat today, a few minutes ago but I receive a connection closed Any Idea What's up?

GG-1 said:
Aloha
Tried to access the chat today, a few minutes ago but I receive a connection closed Any Idea What's up?
Yeah, I can't get in either. I've been trying on and off since 7:00 PM EDT.

So I guess that the Live chat is Dead for this week. :lol:

GG-1 said:
So I guess that the Live chat is Dead for this week. laugh.gif
Tried last week slightly after hours an got the same message. The trouble must have begun in the server overload?
I'm not sure what happened yet. As for last week, I missed that chat session since I was busy riding trains in Dallas Tx. :D

I always seem to miss it by an hour. I am online in chats just about every weekday from 4-10pm Central and as much as possible on the weekends. I just can't seem to remeber to join at the right time on Sundays.

peter

I tried several times to get on the chat but kept coming to the discuss.amtraktrains.com screen. Is it working?

Aloha

I hope our east coast chatters are safe and able to join us this Sunday for the Chat. Hurricane Irene is not allowed is not allowed in chat. :rolleyes:

Back