Lockers in Chicago Union Station???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my trip East this summer, I'll have a 5 hour layover in Chicago between the arrival of my Empire Builder train and the departure of my Lake Shore Limited train. And, I was wondering if Chicago Union Station had lockers where a person could put carry-on bags and such. It would be a real bummer to drag along 2 carry-ons wherever I went in the station during those 5 hours.

Regards,

J. Alec West

Yes; in the south waiting room. If you have a sleeper, the metropolitan lounge check room is a lot cheaper.

The smaller lockers are usually enough for two suitcases, costing $3 an hour (or $9 max for the day). The larger lockers (which I could fit in) are $4 an hour or $12 for the day. I used a credit card, but I can't remember if there is a cash option.

The smaller lockers are usually enough for two suitcases, costing $3 an hour (or $9 max for the day). The larger lockers (which I could fit in) are $4 an hour or $12 for the day. I used a credit card, but I can't remember if there is a cash option.
Phew. Had me scared for a moment. I can hack $9 for 2 carry-ons. Sad, though. I can remember a time (here's where I show my age, hehe) when lockers had no time limit and only cost a quarter. Of course, station attendants would empty out lockers that were left full overnight.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

J. Alec West

There is a cash option. I end up using it when the credit card option is (frequently) broken.
angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back