Lockers in Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve P.

Train Attendant
I am going from Emeryville to Chicago with an overnight stopover in Denver. I'm wondering if AMTRAK is still using the temp station in Denver, and if there are lockers avaiable to store some of my luggage. With a coach ticket, can I check some of my luggage all the way to Chicago from Emeryville? Any information will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Amtrak is still using the temporary station (until 2014). There are no lockers.

The staff have been known to store carry-on luggage for people during the daytime, however. (For people who arrive at the train station many hours early and want to wander around before the train arrives.)

You will probably be allowed to check your luggage all the way from Emeryville to Chicago, but ask Amtrak. I've had bags arrive a day before me (when I was taking a less-than-most-direct route, my bags took the most direct route), so it seems likely that they'll allow you to do this deliberately, but I'm not sure. You will probably have to talk to staff in order to collect the bags in Chicago if this happens, of course.

Amtrak is still using the temporary station (until 2014). There are no lockers.
The staff have been known to store carry-on luggage for people during the daytime, however. (For people who arrive at the train station many hours early and want to wander around before the train arrives.)

You will probably be allowed to check your luggage all the way from Emeryville to Chicago, but ask Amtrak. I've had bags arrive a day before me (when I was taking a less-than-most-direct route, my bags took the most direct route), so it seems likely that they'll allow you to do this deliberately, but I'm not sure. You will probably have to talk to staff in order to collect the bags in Chicago if this happens, of course.
Thanks Nathanael. That helps alot.

Everytime I check baggage, the only thing they want to know is my final destination. If the two trips are on the same reservation number, which would mean both printed on the same ticket, that is where they are bringing them by default and you would actually have to request if you wanted them stopped in Denver. All stations can hold baggage for up to 48 hours without charging you extra. However I've left baggage at stations beyond the 48 and have never been charged extra.

Everytime I check baggage, the only thing they want to know is my final destination. If the two trips are on the same reservation number, which would mean both printed on the same ticket, that is where they are bringing them by default and you would actually have to request if you wanted them stopped in Denver. All stations can hold baggage for up to 48 hours without charging you extra. However I've left baggage at stations beyond the 48 and have never been charged extra.
Thanks Crazy Koala! Do you know if there is a charge for coach passengers to check baggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back