LSL from SPG Westbound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
I haven't taken the LSL westbound in quite a while. How is the combination of the 49 and 449 handled? Is the station stop just a short stop after they are combined? There seems to be a lot of time there, wondering if it's possible to go into the station or most of the time is out in the yard away from the station.

It is done at the station right at the platform. Both the BOS section and NYP section use opposite platforms. Of course, they can't combine the two sections until both arrive.

I've always had time to go into the station!

Since the inbound crew from BOS is done for the day in ALB that crew will pretty much head upstairs as soon as they park the train in the station. IIRC the westbound crew will pick up the train and do the hitch after the inbound crew on 49 whacks off their power. So there's obviously going to be some time there before the westbound crew starts to make the move. I would think you'd be able to go inside for a little bit, but your portion of the train may not be where you left it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back