LSL Roomette Booking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan72

Lead Service Attendant
I logged into today to view my itinerary as the topic of the LSL schedule change is being discussed and I noticed this on my reservation:

2 Viewliner Roomettes

Room 004

Car 4812

Room 002

Car 4810

My reservation is for only one roomette and I will traveling myself. The original reservation was this:

1 Viewliner Roomette

Room 002

Car 4810

It looks like they are in the process of not only moving me to a different room, but a different car. At first I thought this might have to do with the schedule change, but that should not impact room assignments. Could it be I am being assigned a sleeper that will go all the way to Boston? Any ideas?

I tried to post the section from the Amtrak page, but I'm not that skilled yet... :ph34r:

Looks like Printman answered my question in another thread...that's what I get for not reading other topics first... :p

I logged into today to view my itinerary as the topic of the LSL schedule change is being discussed and I noticed this on my reservation:
2 Viewliner Roomettes

Room 004

Car 4812

Room 002

Car 4810

My reservation is for only one roomette and I will traveling myself. The original reservation was this:

1 Viewliner Roomette

Room 002

Car 4810

It looks like they are in the process of not only moving me to a different room, but a different car. At first I thought this might have to do with the schedule change, but that should not impact room assignments. Could it be I am being assigned a sleeper that will go all the way to Boston? Any ideas?

I tried to post the section from the Amtrak page, but I'm not that skilled yet... :ph34r:
They seem to be screwing with my reservation as well. We are going to NYP in June. I was in room 2 on 4810, but it looks like they are moving me to room 4 on 4811. I guess the 4810 is the Boston sleeper. This messes me up cause I have a rewards ticket for our other room and it was set to by right across the hall.

So, will they automatically put me in the sleeper to Boston, or do I need to initiate the upgrade myself?

Dan

They seem to be screwing with my reservation as well. We are going to NYP in June. I was in room 2 on 4810, but it looks like they are moving me to room 4 on 4811. I guess the 4810 is the Boston sleeper. This messes me up cause I have a rewards ticket for our other room and it was set to by right across the hall.
Just got off the phone with them. They confirmed we got moved cars and rooms on our reservation. They also confirmed that they moved my AGR room to accross the hall, so I seem to be all good.

So, what do y'all think, will the NY segment be in the front or back of the train?

My reservation looks like I'm double booked at the moment too, but they aren't messing with my car or room, probably because I'm bailing at BUF.

My reservation looks like I'm double booked at the moment too, but they aren't messing with my car or room, probably because I'm bailing at BUF.
Well, I would not be surprised if they move you since it does not matter what car you are on. I think the double book thing you see now is because of the departure time change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I would not be surprised if they move you sense it does not matter what car you are on. I think the double book thing you see now is because of the departure time change.
Yup, I've been following that other thread.

My double booking JUST went away online and also only showing my new room and car number. I wonder if it updated cause I called and they were able to inform me of the changes.

Mine is still screwy, and they did change my car, and doubled the roomettes like with dan72.

With the new 9pm departure;

2 viewliner roomettes

Room 002

Car 4812

Room 002

Car 4810

With the original 10pm departure;

1 viewliner roomette

Room 002

Car 4810

I'll check it later and see if it sorts out.

Mine is still screwy, and they did change my car, and doubled the roomettes like with dan72.

2 viewliner roomettes

Room 002

Car 4812

Room 002

Car 4810

1 viewliner roomette

Room 002

Car 4810

I would assume you are not going to Boston, correct? If true, that confirms that the 4810 car is the Boston sleeper and the 4811 & 4812 are NY sleepers.

2 viewliner roomettes

Room 002

Car 4812

Room 002

Car 4810

1 viewliner roomette

Room 002

Car 4810

I would assume you are not going to Boston, correct? If true, that confirms that the 4810 car is the Boston sleeper and the 4811 & 4812 are NY sleepers.
Right, getting off in BUF.

So, will they automatically put me in the sleeper to Boston, or do I need to initiate the upgrade myself?
Dan
Are you going to Boston or NY?
I'm going to Boston.

Dan
Hmmm, then that blows my theory. It looks like they are moving you to 4812, so I guess that is the Boston sleeper and 4810 & 4811 will go to NYP. They why in the stinkin world did they move me out of 4810??

What I find interesting about yours is you only paid for a sleeper to Albany. I guess they are going to give you Albany-Boston for free.

Dan
Are you going to Boston or NY?
I'm going to Boston.

Dan
Hmmm, then that blows my theory. It looks like they are moving you to 4812, so I guess that is the Boston sleeper and 4810 & 4811 will go to NYP. They why in the stinkin world did they move me out of 4810??

What I find interesting about yours is you only paid for a sleeper to Albany. I guess they are going to give you Albany-Boston for free.
I'll have to see what washes out over the next few days. I'd sure hate to get to Albany to find out I'm getting kicked out of sleeper... :blink:

Dan

That's not all they're messing with in the region. I had #286 Empire Service booked on 8/16 from BUF 9:40am to NPY & on to NHV on 168.

Now it's changed (or in the process of changing as I see more double booking) to #284 BUF 7:50am to NYP and on to NHV on 168.

This is not as convenient leaving almost 2 hrs earlier. We had plenty of time before to leave our hotel, deal with the car rental and get aboard without a hassle. Also added 2 hrs to my NYP layover, although we'll be getting to NHV at the same time as before.

Guess I'll call and see what's up.

Edit:

Just tried a re-book and now I can take 448 8:35am coach to SPG, then head south on a shuttle to NHV and get there at the same time in the evening, for about 1/2 the price. :)

But we had BC seats on the old booking. Decisions, decisions... wonder how full coach on 448 would be.

Edit #2:Booked the LSL. Being able to sit down in the diner makes the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the heck of it, I tried to rebook my trip and it was originally going to be $92 LESS than my original booking. I tried to book it and I got an error message. Tried again and then the price was almost $100 MORE. I called Amtrak and spoke to a very nice agent who upgraded my roomette all the way to Boston for $32 more (she put me on hold to see if she could reduce the original $96 upgrade it would have cost. As far as I'm concerned that pays for dinner plus I don't have switch to coach at Albany. Money well spent IMHO. :) So, it's worth calling.

Dan

Just for the heck of it, I tried to rebook my trip and it was originally going to be $92 LESS than my original booking. I tried to book it and I got an error message. Tried again and then the price was almost $100 MORE. I called Amtrak and spoke to a very nice agent who upgraded my roomette all the way to Boston for $32 more (she put me on hold to see if she could reduce the original $96 upgrade it would have cost. As far as I'm concerned that pays for dinner plus I don't have switch to coach at Albany. Money well spent IMHO. :) So, it's worth calling.
Dan
Way to go! Sure pays to stay on top of the reservation system.

Dan
Very cool. Did they give you the car number?

I tried to book a new reservation for going and coming to The Gathering in Oct/Nov. When I started out a roomette was $184 each way and with my senior discount I could theoretically get RT for my wife and me for $650.00. By the time I go to charge it to my credit card it glitched and said there was no space available. I tried again with the $650.00 showing and it glitched again. I tried the third time, within minutes, and roomettes were up to almost $400 each way!

Guess I won't take the train.

Dan
Very cool. Did they give you the car number?
Yep, I'm in 4820 room 2

Dan

My bedroom on 448 is also in 4820. room B

Thats for my trip in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back