LSL Schedule Mess Ups of Earlier This Year

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As afollow up to my previous post Joe, the handicap person in H room told the LSA when she came to her room

that she hadnt seen the SCA since breakfast(it was 11:30 and lunch was fixing to start).She then made the

announcement and I realized that perhaps there is a requirment for pr=iority service to the H room but a

good attendant wouldnt need to be reminded to check with all of his pax every so often right?I do expect that

the discipline factor is part of the manual inclusion but not being an AMTRAK employee am not sure!

Wish you could have had some of the SCAs and LSAs we had, Ill mention them as I continue my journey

report(s), ome really first rate people on full and busy trains!!!! Jim

Is the SCA assigned to more than one car? Exactly what are his/her duties? Waiting one hour to have your order taken seems excessive to me, but then I don't know what their other duties entail.
I can't really say as I don't know how much I do know. A couple of legit things I know from experience that does take priority and causes delays is when the SA has a number of stops during meal times and has passengers to bring aboard. Another is when a superior orders him to cover another car for a stop. This happen on my last LSL trip and I was informed ahead of time that the conductor ordered my SA to cover one of the coach cars for the next stop. I told the SA to tell the conductor that I hadn't given him (SA) permission to leave our sleeper. When the SA turned and gave me a funny "yea-right" look, :blink: we both cracked up laughing! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back