Lucifer's Post - thrown off the train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have...er..."witnessed" several individuals being thrown off the train. Among the reasons: refusal to heed an "all aboard" because they wanted to finish their cigarette (on a Surfliner, so they weren't permanently stuck), refusing to present a ticket to the conductor (because said conductor had refused to play baggage porter for the passengers half-dozen oversized/overweight bags), foul and abusive language toward both crew and other passengers, and most recently, the threat to "infect" everyone - which relate's to Lucifer's post, since said passenger claimed to be HIV positive (but just to address that, HIV does NOT equate with crazy).It happens all the time, and from what I've seen, 99.9% of the time the removals are absolutely justified.
Please note that I had my letter of diagnosis with me and with my tickets as that's what I was instructed to do when I bought the tickets with a disability discount.

I've seen several people thrown off the train; usually drunks. One very obnoxious drunk turned out to be a felon fleeing authorities one summer about three years ago on the south-bound Texas Eagle who was extracted by the local police in Grand Saline, TX. The conductor evidently had a means to discover the legal status of the drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back