Luggage Storage at LAX

• Thread starter Tina aka duke_gal
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tina aka duke_gal

Will be arriving at LAX early morning and would like to see some sights if possible but unsure about what to do with my luggage until departing for San Diego. :help: As it is right now we will only have a 1 1/2 hr layover. Would love to catch a later train and sight see LA. Anyone know what my options would be? I had read the lounge in Chicago's Union Station will hold luggage. Does LAX have the same option? We are traveling in a roomette into LAX. THANKS

Yes, the baggage room wil store bags for $3 each.

Thanks Alan, I had looked several places to see if I could find the answer before I "BUGGED" all of you again with another posting. Thanks for having this wonderful site available and for having me as an AVID FOLLOWER :D

As noted, the luggage/baggage check area will hold your bags for you. Alas, there is no Metropolitan/First Class lounge in LA, so that isn't an option.

Regarding spending more time in LA, unless you're booked into Business Class on the Surfliner (the train to San Diego), your tickets are good on any train to San Diego. Yes, at the time of booking a specific train was specified. But when your tickets printout, again assuming no BC, there will not be any train numbers printed on the ticket. Therefore you can catch any train on the schedule that day to San Diego with your tickets.

Thanks for having this wonderful site available and for having me as an AVID FOLLOWER :D
No pressure, but you'll find things much easier if you register here. No goofy codes to type in each time you go to post, no waiting for your posts to be approved by a moderator. :)

Do what I did not my last trip. Check you bags to San Diego when you first get there. They will be at San Diego to pick up.

As noted, the luggage/baggage check area will hold your bags for you. Alas, there is no Metropolitan/First Class lounge in LA, so that isn't an option.

Regarding spending more time in LA, unless you're booked into Business Class on the Surfliner (the train to San Diego), your tickets are good on any train to San Diego. Yes, at the time of booking a specific train was specified. But when your tickets printout, again assuming no BC, there will not be any train numbers printed on the ticket. Therefore you can catch any train on the schedule that day to San Diego with your tickets.

Thanks for having this wonderful site available and for having me as an AVID FOLLOWER :D
No pressure, but you'll find things much easier if you register here. No goofy codes to type in each time you go to post, no waiting for your posts to be approved by a moderator. :)

DUH ME!!! :wacko: I am registered but didn't realize that my computer had logged me OUT SORRY about that.... SIGNED IN NOW :blush:

Do what I did not my last trip. Check you bags to San Diego when you first get there. They will be at San Diego to pick up.
I agree with this option!
smile.gif
Unless you really need your bags in LA after your day of sightseeing, if you check them to San Diego after you arrive, you will not have to carry them around town - AND you will not have to pay $3 a bag storage in LA! And you can just pick them up in San Diego!

Re through checking bags.

We did a similar thing going pdx to Anaheim with a overnight in Santa Barbara. Worked well except the station attendent in Anaheim was slightly paniced as she "knew" all bags off the train we came in had been already picked up.

The best thing to do is hold on to the bag check slip they gave you when the bags were checked. The baggage room attendet should be able to find your bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back