Luggage storage in LA Union Station?

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

mitako

Train Attendant
Hubby and I are taking the Sunset Ltd to San Antonio next month. We are taking the Metrolink down to Union Station, and will arrive 1.5 hours before the Sunset departs. I cannot find this info anywhere online, and hope someone here knows the answer: Is there somewhere we can leave our bags secured -- we are NOT going to check our bags on the train -- while we walk over to Philippe's for a sandwich? We are traveling in a roomette, so will have access to the Metropolitan Lounge, but I don't find any info on storing luggage for a couple hours there. Thanks!

seat38a

Engineer
Hubby and I are taking the Sunset Ltd to San Antonio next month. We are taking the Metrolink down to Union Station, and will arrive 1.5 hours before the Sunset departs. I cannot find this info anywhere online, and hope someone here knows the answer: Is there somewhere we can leave our bags secured -- we are NOT going to check our bags on the train -- while we walk over to Philippe's for a sandwich? We are traveling in a roomette, so will have access to the Metropolitan Lounge, but I don't find any info on storing luggage for a couple hours there. Thanks!
You can store it at the Metropolitan Lounge with the attendant.

cpotisch

Engineer
For future reference, all Metropolitan and ClubAcela Lounges (that’s WAS, PHL, NYP, BOS, CHI, PDX, and LAX) offer complimentary luggage storage to anyone allowed in.

FunNut

Service Attendant
I'll be traveling business class on the Surfliner in a couple of weeks, from San Juan Capistrano to LAX. My onward travel is at the airport, so I would like to leave my luggage at the lounge while I walk around and visit Olvera Street. Is this allowed, since I'm arriving and not departing?

pennyk

50 year Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I'll be traveling business class on the Surfliner in a couple of weeks, from San Juan Capistrano to LAX. My onward travel is at the airport, so I would like to leave my luggage at the lounge while I walk around and visit Olvera Street. Is this allowed, since I'm arriving and not departing?
In December, I arrived on the SWC and planned to depart a few hours later on commuter rail. The lounge attendant was OK with my storing my luggage. The lounge had just emptied so it was not crowded.

FunNut

Service Attendant
Thank you, pennyk, for your reply. I'm hoping that's the case for my arrival. I appreciate your response.

jimmrl

Train Attendant
I am thinking of a round trip in a Roomette from DFW to LA. Get in on a Friday morning in LA and head back out that evening. I am guessing they will be ok with keeping a bag for the whole day. Anyone else store a bag for that long?

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
I am thinking of a round trip in a Roomette from DFW to LA. Get in on a Friday morning in LA and head back out that evening. I am guessing they will be ok with keeping a bag for the whole day. Anyone else store a bag for that long?
Are you talking about leaving it in the Metro Lounge and take it on #2 as a Carry-on , or Checking the Bag with Amtrak which means you won't have access to it during the Return Trip???

Shouldn't be a problem either way @ LAX!

Latest posts