Luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat

I know Amtrak states only two pieces of luggage but what about a camera case or laptop case. Would that count as one piece of the luggage or not? :unsure:

The camera case(not sure how big yours is) would probably not count as a carry on bag. It is more of a personal itiem like a purse. The Laptop case I am almost postive is a carry on.

Thanks engine 999 then I assume a backpack also would count as another piece of luggage??

At least on the airlines, a laptop bag / briefcase does NOT count as a carryon; rather, it's a personal item. A backpack, however, would not qualify. I wonder if Amtrak enforces the same.

Alan,

You seem to be very familiar with NYC and the NEC. I will be coming to NYC on the LSL in October. Friends are meeting us when we arrive. We plan on sightseeing and eating a nice dinner for the rest of the night. We are then going to leave on NJT to MET latter that evening to our friends house. Would I be better off leaving our baggage with baggage claim and pick it up latter in the night? Or would I be better off picking it up then dropping it off in the Acela lounge for latter pick up?

amtrakmichigan said:
Alan,
You seem to be very familiar with NYC and the NEC. I will be coming to NYC on the LSL in October. Friends are meeting us when we arrive. We plan on sightseeing and eating a nice dinner for the rest of the night. We are then going to leave on NJT to MET latter that evening to our friends house. Would I be better off leaving our baggage with baggage claim and pick it up latter in the night? Or would I be better off picking it up then dropping it off in the Acela lounge for latter pick up?
Since you are not departing on an Amtrak train, I don't think that the lounge attendants will let you leave your luggage there. Especially since they don't have a huge area for luggage. You could try and it would certainly be to your advantage if they let you.

Also, if they do let you drop the bags in the lounge, be mindful of the fact that it closes at 10:00 PM I think, certainly by 11.

Otherwise it costs 5 bucks per bag to day check your luggage with baggage claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back