making changes to exixting ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dedhd

Train Attendant
I have in hand a ticket from LV to LAS (by bus) and then a ticket from LAS to Chi, and finally to Worcester MA. Reservation was made online and tickets were mailed. Was actually cheaper online than by phone. My question: If I were to change to Reno to Chicago on the CZ as opposed to the SWC, how would that be handled? The train was an afterthought to an already booked trip to LV. I have rt air from this area and I could change the return flight to LV to Reno so as to catch the CZ. My plan as of now is to not show for the return flight. Any thoughts?? I have taken both trips CZ and SWC, and enjoy both but feel scenery is way better on the CZ. Your guidance is appreciated.

The easiest way is to go to a staffed station and switch them out that way. You can mail them to Amtrak and do it that way as well, but since the tickets are like money I don't care for that method.

Call Amtrak and ask how much it is from Reno. There could be a price difference. They will make the change for you in the computer. If you live near station you can go do it at the station. If not, just keep the tickets you currently have and exchange them at Reno when you arrive at the station. Reno is a staffed station and they can handle that for you. No need to drive way out of your way to exchange tickets if its too inconvenient.

I have in hand a ticket from LV to LAS (by bus) and then a ticket from LAS to Chi
I'm a little confused. :blink:

You said LV to LAS and LAS to CHI. LV is Las Vegas and LAS is Las Vegas. So you're saying you have a ticket from Las Vegas to Las Vegas! :blink: Did you mean LAX (Los Angeles) instead? :huh:

If so, the above information is what you should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back