Making sure I'm prepared

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nanavc

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Good Morning my friends, it's almost time for mine & hubby's first trip on Empire Builder, and I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. We are flying in to Midway Wed. morning 7:30. Now am I right that we would take Orange line from airport to Quincy and then go west on Adams to Jackson to CUS? And do I need to purchase pass or does it take cash or coins for the Orange? I am so excited I'm afraid I'll mess something simple up. Thank You for all the great advice and I will definitely post a trip report when we get back!

I'm not familiar with the Orange line, but wanted to say that Adams and Jackson run parallel and CUS is between the two. So, yes, head west from the train stop. You will cross the river and the station will be right there (if on Adams, it will be on your left).

To ride the CTA, you simply purchase a value card at one of the stations (Ticket Vending Machines), putting as much value on the card as you need. Then simply dip the card as you go through the platform gate and the proper value will be deducted; value can be added to your card so long as it has not expired.

If you haven't already, be sure to register BOTH of you for Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) within 90 days of your trip! Then call Amtrak before you leave and have them add your AGR numbers to your reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back