Martina McBride Eleven Across American Tour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted the train from WUS to NYC would be 934, but I do not get anything.
934 now shows up in the Amtrak status system. Was scheduled to leave WAS at 8:05 AM, left 42 minutes late at 8:47 AM. Scheduled to arrive at PHL at 9:45 AM, depart at 10:30 AM, arrive NYP at 11:50 AM.

Anyone seen the NEC train? Interested in knowing what the consist was. Also, if anyone sees car numbers for both/either trains, would appreciate seeing those as well.

Just read one P42 did die and they added the Albuquerque protect unit. Can you believe they cannot even get two good engines to run a special like this? It is even called "Powered by @Amtrak"!
The Amtrak experience would be fully complete if the special train now hit a truck at a railroad crossing somewhere
tongue.gif

The Amtrak experience would be fully complete if the special train now hit a truck at a railroad crossing somewhere
tongue.gif
Amtrak does not need that to happen after the low speed head on collision in CA and the problems they had in the past 6 months. :eek: Besides the NEC is a closed corridor with no grade crossings between WAS and NYP (and NHV). For a truck to get on the tracks, it would have to crash through a fence somewhere. Not to say that it can't happen given the recent rash of truck accidents that could have been avoided if the driver had been paying any attention.

Just read one P42 did die and they added the Albuquerque protect unit. Can you believe they cannot even get two good engines to run a special like this? It is even called "Powered by @Amtrak"!
tongue.gif
thats pretty morbid, and possibly disrespectful to those killed...

Martina McBride is guesting on Letterman tonight; will be tuning in, and hopefully she'll make reference to the rail tour.

Ocala Mike

Found some pictures of the special cars being returned to Chicago on the Capitol Limited. Looks like they were tacked onto the front instead of actually be used for revenue service.

http://members.cox.net/dbdavies/news/news.htm

Looks like the consist as it was used on the special was...

Coach/Baggage - Superliner I 31006

Sightseer Lounge - Superliner II 33034

Dining Car - Superliner II 38055

Sleeper - Superliner I 32033

Sleeper - Superliner I - unknown number

Sleeper - Superliner I - unknown number

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back