Maybe Good News, Possibly Bad News

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
Well now, It looks as if I may just luck out on my Northbound trip on the Coast Starlight on May 21st, now I seem to notice that when I get to Albany-Renn. on the Lakeshore Limited, I will be riding a bus to Springfield, MA. It really looks as if there is no more train service from Boston to Albany, NY. Anyone heard of this? :angry:

Later dates look fine. I'm guessing track work on the CSX line that the ALB-BOS train uses around that particular date. It may have been mentioned somewhere on the forums, I really haven't been paying attention.

Yes, this happened to me two years ago on a return trip from BOS to CHI. Amtrak called my cell and told me there would be a bus substitute due to track work on that leg, (BOS-ALB). I asked, (I actually knew), if I could go another way by train perhaps NYC? The customer service person to me 'no problem' and started to book me, (no charge), on a regional to NYC where the Lake Shore LTD. starts. I stopped her and asked if I could ride the Acela instead? There would be an additional charge for the Acela, I was told. I told her that was fine and booked it for about 150.00 extra for both my wife and I. It was WORTH it. We had about a four hour layover in NYC, (which at the time I'd never been to), did some shopping and had a nice lunch a few blocks from Penn Station. My (Amtrak skeptical), wife loved the Acela, the bus ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back