Mea Copa

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

white rabbitt

Lead Service Attendant
I feel like i let ya'll down, and i feel like a traitor

to jim hudson, and sarah z, and everyone else i am sorry

i could not afford the 800 dollars, for my royal oak-austin round trip

so i took the coward's way out, i bought a cheap round trip, on US air

for $292.00 i love amtrak, and i just upset that that by flying i will miss a great

train trip,, again please accept my sincere Apology,

thank u

larry

I don't judge. There's no need to apologize. There are quite a few people on this forum who enjoy flying and fly frequently.

When I have a long trip, I prefer to fly since it's shorter and cheaper. In fact, I'll probably fly to and/or from the Gathering this year.

No need to apologize. You need to do what's best for you and your wallet.

In a perfect world, none of us would be here, Having said that, I think you wanted to say "mea culpa" but that's OK. we all can't have Latin majors in the house, like my daughter was. Thank god she had a second major !!

You have to do what you have to do

thanks everyone next year i will go amtrak to austin and i will use my 50 dollar voucher

from amtrak and take the wolverine one way to chicago

I don't judge. There's no need to apologize. There are quite a few people on this forum who enjoy flying and fly frequently.

When I have a long trip, I prefer to fly since it's shorter and cheaper. In fact, I'll probably fly to and/or from the Gathering this year.
Ditto

I thoroughly understand where Sarah is coming from. Even though I am totally self-employed and can set my own schedule - timing is everything, and since Gatherings are scheduled in October.... to take 10 days off from my piano students [or even 5!] would mean the kiddos aren't truly ready for their November local competition. If I were to attend, I'd have to fly too. Now, summers.....that's another story. Those are MINE, and that's when I do my most extensive traveling! Don't feel bad WhiteRabbit....You'll take the train again soon.

You need to apologize for your incorrect us of Latin. It's mea culpa. :p
And now you need to apologize for this. ;) (kidding)

I'm not going to fault someone for spelling Latin wrong. Come on... not everyone is a) Catholic and/or b) trained in the classics.

I'm not going to fault someone for spelling Latin wrong. Come on... not everyone is a) Catholic and/or b) trained in the classics.
Spell check doesn't work for recognized words. However, I would think anyone who knows what mea culpa would know how it's spelled. Maybe.

Not necessarily. I've seen foreign words spelled phonetically before. He may have heard it but never seen it.

Beyond that: I thought we're all friends here.... I would never ask a friend for an apology over such, never.

I would not expect the OP to apologize, and I think it's a mistake anyone could make who perhaps has heard the phrase but has not seen it in writing. Personally, I have the opposite problem - I often see words in print for which I know the meaning, but can't pronounce.

However, I have to admit that when I read "Copa", I immediately thought of this:

Barry-Manilow-Copacabana-At-The-221882.jpg

I'm a frequent visitor to two forums: one is Amtrak Unlimited, the other is Hearth.com (with a forum for, of all things, owners of wood boilers).

I've gotten much useful information from both groups. They seem to be inhabited by two "types" of folks; those who are casual learners; and those who are really in to what the chat group is about, and can correct many things from the more casual folk. I've been subtly and not so subtly corrected on this forum many times. It's a good exercise in learning to let things slide off of my back.

In short: Don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm a frequent visitor to two forums: one is Amtrak Unlimited, the other is Hearth.com (with a forum for, of all things, owners of wood boilers).

I've gotten much useful information from both groups. They seem to be inhabited by two "types" of folks; those who are casual learners; and those who are really in to what the chat group is about, and can correct many things from the more casual folk. I've been subtly and not so subtly corrected on this forum many times. It's a good exercise in learning to let things slide off of my back.

In short: Don't sweat the small stuff.
Also expressed as: pick your battles, few and wisely.

Now if you are a Catholic Attorney, you're gonna have to go back to Latin School... :D

I'll probably fly to and/or from the Gathering this year.
Ditto
FFFFFLLLLLYYYYYY? To a train Gathering? :huh: I may have to restart my heart! :D
And If your usual routing happens we may be on the same train north :) :eek: Aloha
I hope you're never in Hawaii when you need to take the train to get to a gathering!

On planet Amtrak "Mea culpa" is actually spelled "Maricopa" :p

At least someone should apologize for listing that station for years in the timetables, without opening it. That, and for exposing my eyes to a Barry Manilow CD cover without warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back