Meals on the Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark P

Train Attendant
I will be traveling to CHI from WAS on the Capitol Limited next month in an roomette, and I want to figure out the schedule of meals. I'm assuming since the train leaves at 4 pm the dinner is around 6-8 or so. What about the breakfast? The train is due to pull into CHI around 8 am, so when would they have time for breakfast? Is it really early?

Westbound, I forget when they start serving breakfast, but they usually stop serving around South Bend, IN IIRC.
excl.gif

Don't forget the time zone change, so an 8:45 arrival in CHI is really 9:45 on your stomach's clock. :D

I had time for breakfast before arriving in CHI, though I don't recall what time I went to the diner.

Happen to have my notebook with me where I wrote down my dinner reservations. I had a 6:30 pm seating on #29.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Capital is scheduled to depart at 6:10PM. Since you will traveling in a roomette, you are entirled to use the first class lounge. Those passenger in the louge get to board the train early and not have to wait in line to board. If you want to have the first setting for dinner, you can eat while the trains is still sitting in the station. Also don't forget that all meals in the dinner are included as part of your sleeper fare.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Capital is scheduled to depart at 6:10PM. Since you will traveling in a roomette, you are entirled to use the first class lounge. Those passenger in the louge get to board the train early and not have to wait in line to board. If you want to have the first setting for dinner, you can eat while the trains is still sitting in the station. Also don't forget that all meals in the dinner are included as part of your sleeper fare.
He's going WAS to CHI, so his train leaves around 4:05 pm.

I am traveling WESTBOUND, not eastbound. The Capitol Limited leaves DC at 4:05 pm and arrives in CHI at 8:45 am. I am asking about the breakfast in the morning before I arrive in CHI.

If the_traveler is correct, and breakfast stops at South Bend, that means I would have until 7:51 am to get some food. Good to know, thank you!

I am traveling WESTBOUND, not eastbound. The Capitol Limited leaves DC at 4:05 pm and arrives in CHI at 8:45 am. I am asking about the breakfast in the morning before I arrive in CHI.
Breakfast generally starts at 6:00 AM westbound.

Breakfast, unless the train is running very late, as noted starts a 6 AM and it ends whenever the train gets to South Bend so that the crew has time to clean up and pack up.

Generally not, they serve brunch but because my Capitol was three hours late last year, they grudgingly opened another lunch serving. I passed since I had already eaten two full days of train food from LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back