*meals*

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlanB said:
Besides I’m not sure that Amtrak ever intended to have handicapped moving from one car to the next, due to the dangers involved in passing from one car to the next.
As you know, the Amtrak buzz words are "Mobility Impaired." That breaks down to, " have trouble getting around," which can be far removed from wheelchair confined. I always move from one car to another during station stops, while the train is motionless. Nevertheless, car attendants, for the most part, do not have medical degrees to judge a customer's physical condition, nor is it legally their place to do so.

Gotta get Names!!

Everybody should be respected and served properly. If nobody complains and gets names of bad employees, nothing will change! The best thing to do is write Amtrak and send it the Director of On- Board Services.

Gunn is busting his butt and he is making changes!

B)

Ask Stan Bagley!!! :blink:

Yeah, I think things are changing for the better and I have seen some people get canned in the last 5 months.

I haven't felt this good about Amtrak in awhile. I love "the Gunn", what can I say?? :wub:

Bozo said:
AlanB said:
Besides I’m not sure that Amtrak ever intended to have handicapped moving from one car to the next, due to the dangers involved in passing from one car to the next.
As you know, the Amtrak buzz words are "Mobility Impaired." That breaks down to, " have trouble getting around," which can be far removed from wheelchair confined. I always move from one car to another during station stops, while the train is motionless. Nevertheless, car attendants, for the most part, do not have medical degrees to judge a customer's physical condition, nor is it legally their place to do so.
"Mobility Impared" Seems too general, as overweight/obeise people can have difficulty navagating some of those narrow halls. I remember one trip where a very large woman was in the "H" room of our car, and the attendant was nice enough to get her meals from the diner. Hopefully, and most likely Gunn is firing those "bad employees".

Even if Bozo does not have the names he should use whatever information he has (train #, dates, sleeper #, the copy of the ticket stub) and still submit a complaint to Amtrak. I'm sure that they can find out who the attendant was, and be sure to use the key phrase "discriminatory in natute." As that is exactly what this attendant's behavior was plain and simple.

And make sure to send it to Gunn's office they'll send it to the proper people.

I would agree with TP49. If you send a copy of your ticket stub, they should be able to figure out who was working that sleeper from the crew schedules.

The only way to get rid of the bad apples is to let Amtrak know. After all if no one tells them, then they have no way of knowing which employee's are bad. Plus they need ammunition to fire a union employee anyhow. A personnel folder full of customer complaints helps to get the ball rolling.

Nevertheless, car attendants, for the most part, do not have medical degrees to judge a customer's physical condition, nor is it legally their place to do so.
You are quite right, however even if he was qualified, you are the customer and you made a reasonable request, which his job requires him to fulfill. It’s neither his choice nor his responsibility to decide who can or can’t make it to the diner. Since you requested both in advance when making the reservation and personally from the attendant, he was required by Amtrak policy to bring you your meals.

Therefore to repeat what TP49 said, I highly recommend that you write Amtrak. You may even receive some compensation for his neglect, but even if you don’t that employee needs a black mark on his record. They should also be told of the dining car attendant who went out of his way to help you, especially if you know his name. That dining car attendant’s going above and beyond the call of his job, at least helped to mitigate a serious problem caused by the sleeper attendant’s neglect. So Amtrak should know about that too.

Amfleet said:
I enjoy mornings in peice. One time we went to the diner for breakfast around 6:30 in the morning and this lady we were sitting with would not shut up. Bla bla bla bla. She wasn't mostly going on about how her life sucked, she hated her job, and the train was over 2 hours late which she wasn't happy about. So all in all I like having a meal delivered to my room, so I can just relax.
One time for lunch, we got some guy who was sitting with a newly found female companion... he introduced her and then continued on how he liked taking Amtrak, as he was able to get a much needed break from the wife and kids <_<

One time for lunch, we got some guy who was sitting with a newly found female companion... he introduced her and then continued on how he liked taking Amtrak, as he was able to get a much needed break from the wife and kids
Someone gotta' alot explanin' to do!!! :lol:

Anthony said:
One time for lunch, we got some guy  who was sitting with a newly found female companion... he introduced her and then continued on how he liked taking Amtrak, as he was able to get a much needed break from the wife and kids  
Next time on the television show Cheaters ... :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back