Meals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingozone

Train Attendant
If I pay with points and the meals come With it is there a limit of meals I get or could I like for breakfast get what I want and then order a side of bacon to take it to the room lol

Are you referring to the meals that are included with sleeper accomodations?

I don't think they care, but I thought there was a limit to what you can get. For one, alcohol supposedly isn't included.

Yep, breakfast meats are included with the meal for Sleeper passengers, but are extra for those paying for their meals!

Lately the Diners on some trains have been offering Limited choices and stocking lower amounts of food and drink including the CONO for Breakfast!

Al meals on the menu are included with the sleeper price. The cheapest to the most expensive. I like the Continental as I can eat the oatmeal and fruit and take the yogurt and roll for snack. :) I am sure you could ask to pay for an extra side of bacon. Coffee should be available in your car during the morning hours and sometimes at "tea" time.It used to be all the time. Sometimes now there is juice on a carton and a few bottles of water. But summer has a cooler of ice and you can use a cup and get water from the spigot if you need it. Enjoy!

Where are you going?

We are taking the Lake Shore Limited and Southwest Chief to Lamy to NY from Rochester NY in late Sept. Can't wait to relax, put my feet up and watch the US roll by. I miss the paper they used to offer, but I get off at the longer stops and get one in the Train Station.

Unless this has very recently changed, you can add one side order of bacon or sausage to your breakfast without having to pay extra, if you are in a sleeper. I've never been with anyone who tried to add more than one side order to it, so I don't know if they'd allow that or not.

Alcoholic beverages are not included in the "free" meals for sleepers. Desserts are included, however. (Unless there have been recent policy changes.)

Enjoy your trip if you've not already completed it! In my experience, the crews on the Crescent are usually cheerful and polite.

Also, now that salads are "extra", these may be ordered by sleeper passengers and are included in the free meal!

Even though I didn't want mine at this meal on a recent trip, I ordered one and gave it to the others at my table. They were from coach and when they found out it was extra, they decided they did not want it. I insisted they take it - and they shared it. They were grateful. (Being good looking women didn't hurt either! :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back