Meteor schedule change "temporary"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trogdor

BURNiNATOR
This from the latest NARP hotline:

NARP has expressed its concern to Amtrak regarding the connection-breaking 2:15pm departure of the Silver Meteor from New York. Amtrak has said that this is a temporary measure to allow for a double-tracking window in the West Palm Beach-Miami Tri-Rail corridor and they hope to move the train to a slot later than 3:00 pm in the April timetable.

We'll see about that! This is Amtrak, and supposedly back when the soon to be extinct MIA portion of the "Palmetto" was rescheduled from the 17:00:00 to a 15:00:00 departure from MIA due to trackwork in the Carolinas, it was supposed to return to normal. But either Amtrak or CSX (or both parties) thought that apparently wasn't necessary, and left it as it is/was.

I hope this is true however!

I was glad to read it, but it sounds as if we won't get the night departure back, since it doens't say that outright, good to know it'll be a little later.

Add me to the list of those who definitely would prefer to see the evening southbound departure for the Silver Meteocre. It allows one to depart after a work or school day, get an earlier sleep, and then enjoy travel by day the next day.

Back