Miami Marlins to NY by Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocala Mike

Lead Service Attendant
I thought I heard on ESPN radio today that the Miami Marlins baseball team will be traveling from Washington, DC to NY via a 3-car chartered train. Not sure of the departure/arrival times, and I know they got rained out today in Washington, so not sure if that changes things. Does anyone else have anything on this?

I thought I heard on ESPN radio today that the Miami Marlins baseball team will be traveling from Washington, DC to NY via a 3-car chartered train. Not sure of the departure/arrival times, and I know they got rained out today in Washington, so not sure if that changes things. Does anyone else have anything on this?
Sports teams have been using Amtrak charters for years in the NE corridor - NBA, NFL, & MLB. It is a lot easier and more practical than flying & the players love it. On longer trips they fly on their own planes. I once had a chance to fly with an NBA team and the plane was configured with three - four rows in front for managers, an open area for food & snacks, and the balance of the plane with first class seats for players. There were also, plenty of portable DVD players for movies. Not a bad way to travel, especially if you are super tall!

Sports teams often take trains along the NEC.

I dont know about anywhere else in US or Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back