Miami transit info.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be in Miami in June for a cruise. I think we might want to go to the zoo. I was considering doing a rental car, but looking at the dade transit info on the internet makes metro rail and the 252 bus line look doable.

My first question is: do the buses in Miami follow the schedules? I don't mind the hourly headways if the busses follow these closely. In chicago, bus schedule are a work of fiction.

Also, are there any safety issues along this route that I don't know about?

Thanks.

IIRC the 252 runs on the busway, which is on the former FEC Right of Way. These buses run fairly reliably, since the traffic lights on the busway yield to the bus, just like they would for a train. However, as a native South Floridian I would recommend just renting a car. You'll have the ability to go see some of the sights and have flexibility. If you're going to go to the Zoo why not pay a visit to the Gold Coast Railroad Museum? You can also do some good railfanning with Tri-Rail and the various K-9 Rock Trains.

Back