MileTrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
I've heard all of your suggestions regarding the admittedly lacking implementation of an otherwise great idea. So, since around November, I've been developing a new one B)

It is very close to completion - just a few touch ups and, of course, all new data, are needed.

Improvements in the new application include:

ability to edit entries

ability to add a brief comment per entry

vastly improved speed

database-driven back-end

There are a bunch of other things, but I won't spoil it! The data entry will be the most tedious process... but I expect to have all of this done within the next two to three weeks.

A couple of things that I'm working on, but am not promising...

an opt-in comparison chart for MileTrak members to compare mileage totals!

and, mileage count along with your post count in the Forums...

Stay tuned! :D

Thanks, Anthony. Does this mean we'll be able to move entries up and down (adding routes) so it could be in chronological order?

Will you also be adding Metroliner?

Thanks for the update (both on the status and miletrak itself). :)

Viewliner said:
Does this mean we'll be able to move entries up and down (adding routes) so it could be in chronological order?
A date sorting function will be available, but the default when you open your account will be in the order entered... unless sort by date would be a better default?

Metroliner... I am wanting to add all of the routes - Tristan will be helping me with this.

Amfleet said:
Thanks a bunch Anthony for doing this. Do you have any updates on the Amtrak Unlimited main page sight in progress?
MileTrak will be the first priority, but I should be able to use quite a bit of the data we'll be entering for the main site as well.

I personally don't have anything else new pending - MileTrak has been a big enough undertaking.

Well entering all my info into MileTrak should be a fun process for me. I abandoned MileTrak at about Trip 030, I'm currently around Trip 116. That'll be a project!

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I might put in routes like the Northeast Direct trains where there are several stop variations on some train #'s? Should I just have "Regional A - B" or ... ? That was the initial dilemma with those northeastern trains...

Why don't you have "Regionals" which will include a list of the entire station stops from Boston to Newport News from which one can choose their origin and destination. I don't know if this is possible, but could you also include Acela Regional and Northeast Direct for those who took trips during the period those names where actually used? :)

Amfleet said:
Why don't you have "Regionals" which will include a list of the entire station stops from Boston to Newport News from which one can choose their origin and destination. I don't know if this is possible, but could you also include Acela Regional and Northeast Direct for those who took trips during the period those names where actually used? :)
You mean something like the same data under three names?

Anthony said:
Amfleet said:
You mean something like the same data under three names?
Same data under seperate names if possible?

Anthony said:
Viewliner said:
Does this mean we'll be able to move entries up and down (adding routes) so it could be in chronological order?
A date sorting function will be available, but the default when you open your account will be in the order entered... unless sort by date would be a better default?

Metroliner... I am wanting to add all of the routes - Tristan will be helping me with this.
I think by date would be a better default, as it's probably how most people want to see it.

Thanks again. :)

Sorry, this is going to be pushed back a week or two - I haven't gotten the new schedules in the mail yet, and I've been busy all week getting end-of-the-year stuff taken care of at school. (I graduated earlier tonight)

Anthony said:
Sorry, this is going to be pushed back a week or two - I haven't gotten the new schedules in the mail yet, and I've been busy all week getting end-of-the-year stuff taken care of at school. (I graduated earlier tonight)
Way to go!! One more year til I graduate, scary thought.

FYI, I sent in a form about a month ago on-line for new schedules and they have not arrived (and most likely will not). P-40 Power did not receive his either. You may want to resort to the online PDF timetables.

Are you going to add the discontinued routes like when the Vermonter went all the way to Montreal? :blink: :unsure:

If someone supplies the timetable data with mileages and city stops, then yes... otherwise I simply don't have access to the older data. :(

(I am still waiting for _current_ timetable data...)

Anthony said:
If someone supplies the timetable data with mileages and city stops, then yes... otherwise I simply don't have access to the older data. :(
(I am still waiting for _current_ timetable data...)
Can you use the PDF format ones from Amtrak's website?

Probably - but, that's a pain in the neck ;)

You might call 800-USA-RAIL instead of using the online form - the ones mailed from the phone center seem to come more reliably than ones ordered online. Not sure why that is.

I won't have the timetables for a couple weeks, since I'm out in California for the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back