MKE-EMY-SEA-MKE trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtabern

Conductor
Howdy, just got back from a 2-week trip to Alaska. Instead of flying from Milwaukee to Fairbanks... I took the train from MKE-SEA. Going out I did #5 to EMY and then up to SEA on #14. Coming back, I was in a little more of a hurry and just took #8 from SEA-CHI.

Anyhow, I have over 200 pictures from the trip posted.

www.rtabern.shutterfly.com

Check them out.

By next week, I'll also post my review of the Talgo train I took and the Alaska Railroad

Last edited by a moderator:
These pictures were great....."Mrs. Foodman53" and I are going to do your trip in reverse, from MKE to PDX, from July 14/16. I've been looking forward to it for a long time, and your pictures just made me more so. Thanx again!!

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

Rtabern,

Just out of curiosity...did you have a sleeper on the Empire building in either direction? If so...where they the modern updated ones? A semi-rebuilt? Old?

Mike S.

Thanks... glad you enjoyed the pictures.

If you check back next week (let's say by June 20th) , I'm going to add some pictues of the Cascade trip I took and also Fairbanks-Denali on the Alaska Railroad.

On #5 (CHI-EMY) and #14 (EMY-SEA) I had a roomette... and on #8 (SEA-MKE) I had a bedroom.

It would have been nice to have a bedroom on #5, but it was like $789 more... and it didn't make sense to me to get a bedroom for just one night on #14.

All 3 rooms were newly renovated and nice... especially on #8.

I also always thought the Moffat was the longest in the world, but the Trails and Rails folks (which I'm also part of from Chicago to Winona, MN) said the Casade Tunnel was longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back