Movie: everybodys hero kids ride free

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amymaree

Train Attendant
hey there,

i was able to book all the children on amtrak for free roundtrip. the kids movie everybodys hero came out about two weeks ago and inside the movie is a amtrak coupon for up to two children, i had to buy two movies for all of mine to ride free. anyhow i found that we really saved quite a bit and were able to get the room for my son who has aspergers and loves trains. the blackout dates are not terrible bad either.

until i read again,

amy

Thanks so much for the tip. My friend has a 15 year old sister who has never been on a train and needs to see a bit more of the world than her own narrow slice, so such a coupon might make it possible to get a nice little ride in there and to take her along with us.

Any other details you can provide - this might be really neat!

*EDIT* - After some digging - I found it...

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServe...70&ssid=224

The lack of use on Regionals is a handicap for us from Baltimore, but we might still be able to make it work on the Capitol, Crescent, Cardinal, or Silver Trains! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by an Amtrak agent that only 100,000 copies of the movie contain a coupon. Roughly half of the copies distributed. It is not a sure thing to get a coupon upon a movie purchase. Not sure weather copies containing coupon say so on outside packaging.

I was told by an Amtrak agent that only 100,000 copies of the movie contain a coupon. Roughly half of the copies distributed. It is not a sure thing to get a coupon upon a movie purchase. Not sure weather copies containing coupon say so on outside packaging.
You are right... the outside of the packaging doesn't have any indication that an Amtrak coupon will be inside. I bought a copy of the DVD last week at Costco and luckily a coupon was tucked away inside the DVD case. I was quite pessimistic at first.

You are right... the outside of the packaging doesn't have any indication that an Amtrak coupon will be inside. I bought a copy of the DVD last week at Costco and luckily a coupon was tucked away inside the DVD case. I was quite pessimistic at first.
What was the coupon code?

Did the movie have anything on the outside label about the coupon? I was just at Wal-mart and the movies there did not reference the coupon, so I was afraid to buy the movie just to open and find no coupon.

hey there,
i was able to book all the children on amtrak for free roundtrip. the kids movie everybodys hero came out about two weeks ago and inside the movie is a amtrak coupon for up to two children, i had to buy two movies for all of mine to ride free. anyhow i found that we really saved quite a bit and were able to get the room for my son who has aspergers and loves trains. the blackout dates are not terrible bad either.

until i read again,

amy

Did the movie have anything on the outside label about the coupon? I was just at Wal-mart and the movies there did not reference the coupon, so I was afraid to buy the movie just to open and find no coupon.

.. the outside of the packaging doesn't have any indication that an Amtrak coupon will be inside. I bought a copy of the DVD last week at Costco and luckily a coupon was tucked away inside the DVD case. I was quite pessimistic at first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back