MPI MP36 and Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hokie, yes, there was a MARC AEM-7 in the yard that day. IIRC, this is around the time they tried to start to re-furb the motors but had major mechanical issues that are just now beginning to be worked out.
Wow, a 6 year refurb. 4901 and 4902 are back in service within the last month, and I've seen 4900 once running in testing (it's subsequently disappeared, so I suspect that it's having issues). Thanks for pinning down a start date for me. You don't happen to have any pictures of the MARC AEM-7's from that trip that you can share, do you?

Hokie, yes, there was a MARC AEM-7 in the yard that day. IIRC, this is around the time they tried to start to re-furb the motors but had major mechanical issues that are just now beginning to be worked out.
Wow, a 6 year refurb. 4901 and 4902 are back in service within the last month, and I've seen 4900 once running in testing (it's subsequently disappeared, so I suspect that it's having issues). Thanks for pinning down a start date for me. You don't happen to have any pictures of the MARC AEM-7's from that trip that you can share, do you?
The MARC AEM-7's have always been maintained at wilmington shops , so it does not pinpoint a refurb date.

Wilmington handles all the 92 and 365 day inspections as well.

The MARC AEM-7's have always been maintained at wilmington shops , so it does not pinpoint a refurb date.

Wilmington handles all the 92 and 365 day inspections as well.
Bolded for your attention. I'm well aware of the fact that all the maintenance is done at Wilmington, thanks.

I'm not saying they stayed in Wilmington forever, all I'm saying is they were there for a significant period of time, and they did float around some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back