MTZ - Martinez Ca station parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
Does anyone know the parking situation at the Martinez Ca (MTZ) station? We'll be departing on the CZ and back in about 16 days this fall. I did a search and found where travelers had been out on a four day trip and parked there, but nothing longer.

Thanks.

Dennis

Wow, thanks. I didn't think to look for a Capitol Corridor website. I jumped over to the Emeryville EMY page to check their parking situation. At EMY the agent will give a parking pass for the dash of the car for the dates traveled. I guess no such thing exists at MTZ? There must be some limit at which they'll tow abandoned vehicles.

The car is a 12 yr old Nissan Altima, I can't imagine anyone trying to swipe it. I suppose hoodlums could vandalize it for fun sake... wouldn't be the end of the world though, it's heading towards "work car" status.

Dennis

It's all right. Sometimes there's three or four places you can check before you find a definitive answer. I checked the Amtrak California Web site before I surfed over the Capitol Corridor.

The Emeryville parking lot seems all right. It's near a high-traffic commercial area during the day, but I can't say what happens at night. I think it's shared parking with a federal agency next door so it's probably reasonably safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed though Martinez today while on a bicycle ride and stopped to ask about parking. I can confirm that there is no limit. If I had a car I wouldn’t hesitate leaving it here. The Martinez Amtrak station is about as nice as they get.

Having said that, it did appear the lot was pretty full. I suspect many cars are from commuters. You might want to think finding a spot in the evening or very early in the morning. The station is walking distance to old downtown with many dining opportunities.

My first post!

Wow, Vagabond, that's above and beyond!

Thanks ever so much! We'll be leaving on a Sunday morning so finding a spot shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks again! I'll call Amtrak and get our tickets changed, no need to bus from our home town to Martinez.

We owe you one.

Dennis

I parked there with a convertible and had the top of my car slashed.

I will drive there next week with a van and hope for the best.

How is long term parking availability Saturday mornings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back