Multi-ride tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faraz

Train Attendant
I want to purchase this:

One Ten-Ride Ticket

The ten-ride Illinois ticket is valid for ten rides within a 60-day period.

Does one get AGR points for each trip? Can I have a companion and use the ticket for them also?

I emailed Amtrak through their site and they said:

The Illinois 10 Ride Ticket, is VALID ONLY FOR the Passenger who signs the ticket. It is NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Anyone know if you still get AGR points for each trip?

I'm not certain, but I think I read somewhere that you DO NOT earn AGR points for each trip - just (IIRC) for the total purchase price. So it would not be 100 point minimum per trip, just 2 points per $ for the total amount. ($60 would earn 120 AGR points, not 10 * 100 AGR points)

But I could be wrong. I never bought one.

I'm not certain, but I think I read somewhere that you DO NOT earn AGR points for each trip - just (IIRC) for the total purchase price. So it would not be 100 point minimum per trip, just 2 points per $ for the total amount. ($60 would earn 120 AGR points, not 10 * 100 AGR points)
But I could be wrong. I never bought one.
I've never brought a multi-ride ticket either, but I concur with The_Traveler, IIRC on the last trip when the ticket is lifted from you by the conductor you'll get points for the face value of the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back