Multiple segments during AGR "Double Days"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronkstevens

Service Attendant
Double Days policy is that the points are doubled for a maximum of two trips per day (originating). But what if you take three in one day? Example: Paoli to Philadelphia on a Keystone, Philly to Washington on a Regional, and then the Capitol Limited out of Washington. (I'm not a fan of the Pittsburgh connection). Do they:

1. Double the points based on the sequence that you traveled? (Keystone and Regional)
  2. Double the two lowest cost fares? (Keystone and Regional)
  3. Double the two highest cost fares? (Regional and Capitol Limited)
  4. Double the first two to reach the processing facility (pot luck)

My experience has been that they double the first two that are processed (pot luck).

Why don't you book the two most points advantageous trips and , let it "process". Later, book the third and see what happens...worst case you would only get 100 points (the minimum).if it were a short, a more points (but not double) for a trip exceeding $100. I'm not familiar with the routes you suggest.

Would this work: Book the two most expensive segments and include my AGR number in the reservation like I always do, and the cheaper one without my AGR number. Then once the first two processed and points credited, call with my reservation number and then get those points? I know it's a lot of work for 100 points, but it would maximize what points get doubled

Well, it isn't a question of 100 points...if the Cap leg is the one that gets jammed and you're in a bedroom, that could cost you closer to 1000 points.

Ryan is right about the "work" being the phone call for 100 points. But Anderson's comment is why I asked the question originally. I have a bedroom booked and would really liked the 800+ points that I am getting on the CL doubled than the 100 points from the Keystone.

Latest posts

Back