My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- Thank You & Shout Outs

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
Louis & I thank our family for making this trip possible. We are very grateful for your help & appreciate it a whole lot. Thank you Mom, Dad, Biological Father, Mamma, Aunt Julie & Uncle Gary & Aunt Earline. We love you very much!

Louis & I thank our friends for also making this trip possible by donating through GoFundMe & snail mail. We are also very grateful for your help & appreciate it a whole lot. Thank you Marcia, Chett, Mike M, Corky, Mark M, Arlene, Christine, Amanda, Sean B, Danny, Andrea, Teresa O, Brian, Anonymous, Sean C, Gena, Mark G, Annie, S.A., Tyler, Tricia, Gary M, Joe, Sonya, Lori, Linda, Burke & Debbie R. I only mentioned the first names for protection just in case they dont want to be revealed. You know who you are though.

Louis & I thank our best friend, Chris, for finding the time in his busy schedule to have dinner with us. It meant a lot to us. I also thank him for letting me borrow one of his camping chairs for SNL standby. My feet also thank him.

Louis & I thank our friends Steven, Mike S & Mark S for stopping by to visit us.

Louis & I thank the SNL cast for all the laughs throughout the season & the warm hugs during our visit. I thank the cast for the signed birthday card which was a surprise & it meant a lot to me. Thank you, Bobby, Cecily, Jay & the rest of the cast.

Louis & I thank the SNL crew for the very hard work they do to put the show together. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have a show put on air. We also thank them for the warm welcome. Thank you, Gena, Wally, Bubba, Chris K & other crew members.

Louis & I also thank the Rockefeller Center security guards for the warm welcome & the teasing. Thank you, Lance, Danny & other guards.

Louis & I thank Wally for the Seth Meyers tickets. We also thank him for helping the cast know what to do with the cue cards.

Louis & I thank Will Forte for taking his time to talk to us even when he was told to not talk to anyone else. We thank Kristen Schaal for chatting with us & for the photo op.

Louis & I thank our friend, Jimmy for holding our two very heavy bags for three years & for your patience having us come to get them.

Most of all, Louis & I thank Mother Nature for not making it rain too much, but been better if it wasn't so chilly & windy during our visit.

Last but not least, I would like to thank my husband, Louis of 15 years for being patient with me during our trip & for letting me go to the places I wanted to go to. I also thank him for understanding that we needed this trip to get our stuff & how much I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday in one of the best cities on Earth. I thank him for being patient during the train trip & having to stay in his chair the whole time. I thank him for all the laughs & for introducing me to all his friends 15 years ago in which I thought they wouldn't like me. As he says, they all love & adore me. I love you & you are a great traveling companion! Let's do it again, sometime!

Louis & I are sorry we didn't get to see everyone during this trip but you were all missed & are still missed. Next time we come, whenever that is we hope to see you Tamara & family, Pat L, Linda, Kathy, Kelly B, Sean B, Erica S, Lydia, Debbie M, Brittney M, Mike M, John S, Bjorn, Amanda S, Pat C, Brandon D, Jimmy F & Lori B.

This travel story is dedicated to our late friend, Jim Ryan who was thought of a lot during this trip as if he were still with us, he would come into the city to see us. We miss him a whole lot!

Thank you to everyone who read this very long story & for those of you who actually read it this far.

Comments are welcome & appreciated

I have loved reading about every bit of your trip, and I am so glad that you and Louis had such a good one and that the train travel worked out well. It is obvious from your post here that you both have many, many friends, but I am glad that you have made new ones of those of us here :) .

Back