My 40th Birthday NYC Trip- The Day I Turned 40!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snljamie0518

Service Attendant
MAY 18, 2016

Today was the day I turned the big 4-0. Some people dread about turning 40, but not me! You may be curious what I did for my big day, right? Ok, here goes nothing.

For my big day Louis & I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge which was one of the things on my bucket list. It was a beautiful day for it too. I love this bridge because of its beautiful architecture. We started from the Manhattan side & finished on the Brooklyn side. I thought I would get tired easily but I didnt. I did get hot though & had to take my sweater off. It had some pretty good views too.

Once we got to Brooklyn, we went into a College so Louis could charge his chair, then we took the subway & then a bus to Canal Street. Louis was trying to find something for our lamp but no one had it. Louis had a hard time getting on & off some of the corners of the sidewalk because they werent cut like they should be. At one point he even had to go to the middle of the street to get on & off the sidewalk. Canal Street is not very handicapped accessible.

For my birthday dinner, we took the bus to Lincoln Center to catch another bus but it took two hours to go from Canal Street to Lincoln Center because we got stuck in traffic. We met Chris at Big Daddy's on the Upper West Side. Its a fun restaurant. Thank you, Chris for having dinner with us & for being patient when we were running late.

Stay Tuned: Coney Island baby

Back