My first online reservation modification...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
Earlier this week I had made a reservation to make a 'snow run' trip to Reno and back on the CZ. A number of things made me reconsider the timing so I went to Amtrak to check fares for a r/t one week later. To my surprise the fare was less so I first thought of booking a new trip and then canceling the old or maybe calling 'Julie' to get an agent to help me handle it. Then I remembered that some trips booked online can also be modified online so I thought "what the heck, let's give it a go". I logged into my account at the Amtrak website, pulled up my reservation and selected 'modify or cancel'. It let me choose which portions (or 'change all') to modify, ran me through the same trip selection process with the new dates, showed me the refund due to me, and, get this, the confirmation email even showed my room and car numbers! (I had to call before to get an agent to tell me and send a 2nd email with that info)

Eeezy Peezy! :D

P.S. I also went from #6, 0632 & #13, 0532 to #4, 0631 & #2, 0531. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! I agree that the online modification is a nice upgrade to the online booking process. Now if we could only get those confirmation emails to indicate car and room number! :cool:

I modified my online reservation awhile back. I added a sleeper to my reservation and now I can nolonger view my reservation online. I called Amtrak and they say everything is okay and they see my reservation and emailed me a copy of my revised reservation.

Does anybody know why I can no longer get into the reservation.

I modified my online reservation awhile back. I added a sleeper to my reservation and now I can nolonger view my reservation online. I called Amtrak and they say everything is okay and they see my reservation and emailed me a copy of my revised reservation.

Does anybody know why I can no longer get into the reservation.
Does the Email show a different reservation number than the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back