my trip on the adirondack

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff O

Just got back from my trip on the Adirondack to Montreal and then by Via to Ottawa and quebec City-

The train was great , the scenery fantastic and most importantly on time.

Via was very good,I especially enjoyed them bringing the snack trolley around that was quite nice.

But Amtrak was phenominal!!!! :) What an improvement over 2 years ago.

I've told all my friends :D

Im glad you enjoyed your trip, amtrak really has improved in the last few years.

engine999 said:
Im glad you enjoyed your trip, amtrak really has improved in the last few years.
Aloha

I am also glad you enjoyed your trip. just don't count the Sunset limited as being improved noting other messages.

What I think is funny is the time I rode from Orlando to LA the SL was on time untill just out of LA where a broken switch stoped it just before sunrise for two hours. Most of the other trains I have had the pleasure of riding were late at every station adding 10 - 15 minutes each time.

Going next on the Coast Statlight, California Zepher, City of New Orleans.

Eric

I took the Adirondak back in March from Schenectady to Montreal. It was a fun trip, but it was still winter, so Lake Champlain was still frozen and no leaves on the trees. I'd like to do that route again in the summer time. I also wanted to take VIA to Toronto or Ottawa but didn't have the time. Had to catch the Vermonter from Essex Junction.

Chris

Chris,

It really is a nice trip to Ottawa only about an hour and a half from Montreal-there is a lot to to there.

Another thing on our return trip we rode on a "Business Class" car that had a small area with a sink and shelves for the daily paper. What was this used for?

Jeff

Sounds like you may have had equipment from one of the Palmetto Business Class cars, which provide soft drinks and papers to the B Class passengers.

I took my girlfriend on the Adirondack a couple of years ago from NYP to MTL and back and she really enjoyed it. The scenery on that route is wonderful, main problem being a need to switch sides of the train about halfway through the trip to get all the scenery in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back