Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: Looks like I may have gone outside the guidlines when I posted this station.I didn't realize that the station had to still be located on an active Amtrak route so I do apologize! :huh:

Sorry but what the heck let's roll with it anyway! :)

Clue #1 While this station is no longer on an active Amtrak line it is still serviced by Amtrak via bus from another very busy and active Amtrak station.

This should help make this puzzle a little easier to figure out.

SarahZ You are correct!!

With an original start date of April 15, 1975, Amtrak's Arrowhead (the name Amtrak provided the train while in service between Minneapolis MN and Superior WI), it was later changed to North Star, ( when Amtrak extended operations to Chicago overnight), The North Star name was kept even after service was later cut back to the Twin Cities in 1981. Amtrak ran up to Duluth and Superior via the BN with it's final destination being the original Union Depot in downtown Duluth. Patronage was good, but the State of Minnesota felt their was no need to fund the run anymore and on April 7th 1985 the plug was pulled on the service. This photo shows the train at Duluth in the early 1980's with the Lake Superior Railroad Museum train shed in the background. A small lobby and ticket office was built off of the building to the right out of the picture.

Oops! I saw this when I got up and then completely forgot to look for a picture.

I really like the pattern in the concrete. It's a bit Harlequin.

picture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing Alpine, TX.

If I'm right someone else can post because..well..I don't have any station pictures. :(

Well that didn't take very long at all!

tp49 you are CORRECT!!

Since that pic didn't even last an hour and that tp49 didn't have a pic I'll throw this one out there for everyone.

amtrak2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back