Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubtful, unless it's an old pic. #63 isn't ITCS equipped.

peter
I assumed it was old when I saw the Lincoln in the picture, but after taking a closer look at the other vehicles, I'm not sure that it's so old.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a fairly new Toyota Camry or Honda Accord in the closer parking lot.

I had a hunch that it was in IL. However after reviewing all 32 stations (including some discontinued ones) I can safely say that it is not in IL. I can also fairly safely assume that it is either a Midwest or East station, due to the Amfleet, however I'm fairly certain it isn't on the NEC.

peter

Here is the same station from the train as I arrived:

Amtrak_Parking_2.jpg

I cheated and used Google Maps to confirm my hunch based off of my memory from looking up the architecture of a few stations a long time ago.....but I think it's

Richmond Staples Mill Road

That's Portland, ME? Wow, far cry from my memories of it back in B&M/MEC days. What happened to the nice downtown station they had there?

That's Portland, ME? Wow, far cry from my memories of it back in B&M/MEC days. What happened to the nice downtown station they had there?
The "Station" is behind the photographer, and it is not the old downtown one, but a newer "transportation center". In reality, it is quite nice and comfortable. It serves regional, and intercity buses, and of course, Amtrak.

portlandme3.jpg
portlandme4.jpg

portlandme1.jpg
portlandme7.jpg

Based on the "Soo Tower" in the background, I did a quick search on google and come up with Minot, ND?

Based on the "Soo Tower" in the background, I did a quick search on google and come up with Minot, ND?
CHEATER!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(of course, I don't even know if you are correct or not!)

BTW, where in the picture is the STATION?

Although it's EZ to do, let's keep in the spirit of things, and just go from memory or guesses. Try not to use the "Net". (or at least not publicly admit we used the net.........)
cool.gif

I feel bad 'cause I've known the last two, but been too damned slow to respond.

Yep, it's Minot ... the track crossing in front of the engines is the former Soo Line main, headed for Canada.

Anyhow (for rrdude), here's a shot of the same train, looking east rather than west. I figured this one would have been way too easy:

pitamakan2011-03-13b.jpg

You're up, Mr. Bear. :)

Back