Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, Fort Worth, the highway viaduct in the background gives it away. and the track that actually crosses the middle platform

If you look carefully at the tower with the satellite antennas, you'll recognize it in my signature picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
LWBaxter is the first of several people to correctly identify Ft. Worth, TX. Your turn to post a photo.

This photo dates from 2002...... Texas Eagle is the train arriving on the left, consist for the Heartland Flyer (which I will be catching a couple of hours later) to Oklahoma City is on the right.

LWBaxter is the first of several people to correctly identify Ft. Worth, TX. Your turn to post a photo.
This photo dates from 2002...... Texas Eagle is the train arriving on the left, consist for the Heartland Flyer (which I will be catching a couple of hours later) to Oklahoma City is on the right.
Judging by the perfect state of the track, it must have been done not too long before then.

From my recollection it's still looking pretty good today.

The freeway in the background of the previous photo is above tower 55 and is a major reason that a fly-over is an unlikely solution for that very busy RR x-ing.

LWB

I have a station photo, but am having trouble getting the insert photo button to work. Will retry shortly.

LWB

I agree, Fort Worth, the highway viaduct in the background gives it away. and the track that actually crosses the middle platform
If you look carefully at the tower with the satellite antennas, you'll recognize it in my signature picture.
Aloha

The second picture in your signature is similar to one I took, when a "security guard" started to hassle me about including the engine, track, and buildings in the picture. Our car attendant heard her comments so came up to us and then took our pictures in the same place. hi comment to the guard " I can as I am an employee" :D

Here is LWBaxter's station photo -

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the train looks like the Empire Builder!

LWB2_zps5f52ee87.jpg

Breckenridge, MN is another good guess, as it is on the historic GN route of the Empire Builder between the Twin Cities and Fargo, and the Empire Builder now runs via the NP line through Staples. but the depot pictured is not Breckenridge!

LWB

How about Wilmar, MN then?

That would mean that this photo was taken before October 1979....... but then the 'newness' of the F40 (and the scheme it is wearing) as well as the semaphore signals would suggest that as well.

Back