Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go - and a few hints to get everyone started.

This picture was taken in 1981 and this was an active Amtrak Station at that time serving two trains a day. It's almost train time and people are gathering at the track closest the camera which is where the train will stop. That's my red suitcase by-the-way.

The station is not active now. In fact, the railroad in front of the station is abandoned and mostly pulled up. The most recent Google Earth image for this small city is more than 5 years old but this building was still standing in those images which I looked at..... THAT was the research I was talking about.

The train which served this station still operates........ just on a different route now.

Finally - for a time this small city was served by long-distance Amtrak trains on two different routes. The other train stopped at a different station.

Good luck everyone -

0085-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a guess....Richmond, Indiana? The former C&O station used at one time by the Cardinal? The other station was the PRR station used by the defunct National Limited.

You folks never fail to impress me -

Railiner is correct -

This is the former C&O station in Richmond, IN used by the train now known as the 'Cardinal' until the Cardinal was rerouted back through Indianapolis.

I didn't even have to drop my hint about noticing the (Indiana) Limestone rockwork on the building.

The floor is open to anyone wishing to post the next photograph as Mr. Railiner has passed on that honor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for everyone's favorite - Name that Amshack!

This is NOT on a current Amtrak route, and I'm pretty sure this lovely building is no longer standing. Aaaaaand, GO!

NTS2.jpg

Nothing but a slab there now as observed a couple of years ago riding through on a CZ detour.
Nothing but a slab there now as observed a couple of years ago riding through on a CZ detour.
I made several trips to Borie when they first started bypassing Cheyenne, and at that time a slab was all there was. The chartered Greyhound MC-8 shuttle to and from Cheyenne served as the 'depot' until the train arrived. The UP/Amtrak agent came out on the bus with the passengers. That 'shack' was added later....

From Shanghai who is sitting next to be in FC on AE 2251 just south of PVD, you are correct. :)

Back