Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taylor, Texas! (I Remember it Well! ) Technically it's the UP District Hdqs with Amtrak having a Picnic Table with a Shed on the Other End as the "Station!"(you can see the Tin Roof in the Pic!!)

If Correct, I can't Post Pics so it's Open to anyone with an Easy One! ^_^
And Jim is correct! I figured if anyone would get this one quickly, it would be you, Jim! :hi:

That is indeed the "freight end" of the "station complex" at Taylor, TX.

As JIm says, the floor is open to the first one to post.

OK - I'll try another one. I have removed the station name off the window, but the door is as it was the last time I saw it, at a Gathering!

Station.jpg

Late to the party but I'm going to guess Los Angeles. In the window I think I can see reflections of a palm tree, a Santa Fe style arch, and a high-rise.

Could be San Diego but as that has already been guessed, I'll hedge my bets and go with LAX.

Last edited by a moderator:
and not Louisville. Remember - it was a Gathering station.
Right, and as I recall, not many "gathered" for the Kentucky Cardinal either! :p
I gathered for the Kentucky Cardinal.

I made two roundtrips and an additional one-way journey during it's short life for mostly sentimental purposes.

My mother grew up in Louisville and when I was a young child a favorite aunt there would take me down to 'see the trains' at Louisville Union Station when we would visit. This was late 60's/early 70's. I remember seeing L&N's 'Pan American' and Amtrak's 'Floridian' both come and go BUT by the time I was old enough to be out making my own trips on the 'Floridian' Amtrak had moved out for it's short affair with Auto-Train way out on National Turnpike.

The Kentucky Cardinal, as short-lived as it was, finally gave me the opportunity to arrive and depart at Louisville Union Station on a scheduled passenger train!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the ability to post pictures so I open the floor to whomever wishes to put one up.

220px-Walt_Disney_World_Railroad_train.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Back