Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a long shot. :huh:

attachicon.gif
Station X.jpg
Altoona,PA is correct SubwayNut.

Here are a couple photos from 2003 on my first 1.3 mp digital camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. :) There's a map of CA on the ticket counter.

Gah. Stupid phone. I hit submit too quickly.

Anyway, I saw the map of CA and the "24" above the door. I looked through Amtrak stations with that address and then found a picture with another angle of the geese statue or whatever that is to confirm it.

I'm sorry if that's cheating? I haven't really played in this thread. Someone else can go if that isn't okay.

No that's totally fine and isn't cheating at all. Your turn!

I like your clever reasoning and detective skills. I was just curious for myself and noticed the map of CA after you answered.

Sorry. :) There's a map of CA on the ticket counter.

Gah. Stupid phone. I hit submit too quickly.

Anyway, I saw the map of CA and the "24" above the door. I looked through Amtrak stations with that address and then found a picture with another angle of the geese statue or whatever that is to confirm it.

I'm sorry if that's cheating? I haven't really played in this thread. Someone else can go if that isn't okay.
Super detective work Sarah. Doing the research is most of the fun actually. I enjoy trying to figure out a station from what clues are there every bit as much as when one that I recognize instantly pops up.

This looks like Grand Rapids, MI.

I was trying to figure a way to work the Pere Marquette into a trip this past July and spent a lot of time Google Earthing Grand Rapids. I couldn't find a way to tie all the threads together though and wound up flying Southwest Airlines to Milwaukee and renting a car.

Caravanman, your station looks like it might be in India...... or South America... but that's the best I can do having never been there!

To continue with active Amtrak stations, who can name the one below without 'right clicking' your mouse? It's not one of my photos so (spoiler alert) the identifying information is there........ but what's the fun in getting something that easily?

Durham_Amtrak_Station.jpg

The new station in Durham, NC. No right-click or Googling needed.

It has been more than one week since we have had a new photo posted.

Here is the new photo. It should be quite easy to identify and name.

00acg3_zps5b31c8ca.jpg

Go for it!!

Back