Nascar Express Train (Sacramento to Sonoma, CA)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad we didn't have to find out! :p
Though I assume if they did have to reschedule they would have tried to reschedule the train as well with someone footing the bill...
I was in San Francisco with my family around race time. For a few hours before the race was to start I was looking at the clouds all through the Bay Area as well as a light drizzle where we were, and I was thinking that the race could be postponed. I wouldn't have been too happy if I'd paid $199 to get to an event that got postponed.

I thought that a lot of rained-out races postpone to the next day. That might work on a Saturday race, but moving to Monday and who wants to come? I'm thinking they were also working the race train around reduced Capitol Corridor traffic on a weekend.
The train may not have worked, but yes, they do reschedule Sunday races to Monday. The turnout is not as great on Mondays, which could make a difference. They do not, however, refund tickets for those who cannot attend on Monday.

We've gone to the races in Joliet, IL, for the last 10 years, and only once has the race been postponed. Since we are from out of the area, we have to take Monday off as a travel day anyway. We just left later on Monday than we usually would have. I'm not sure what we would have done if we were local. Probably made sure our employers knew that there was a chance we'd have to take Monday off. I wouldn't want to waste the price of the tickets.

As far as the Sonoma train is concerned, perhaps they would be able to run a shorter consist on Monday, gambling on there being fewer riders.

All I can say is that would have been a great trip! NASCAR and trains are two of my passions, and that would be a great route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back