NEC clogged somewhere around Baltimore

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My evening ride home on MARC has been stalled just north of West Baltimore for about 30 minutes. Conductor says it's a signal problem. The train behind us stopedal next to us an then got to move ahead of us. We're now on the move again, but slowly.

Wonder what happened (in detail)?

I'm on train 85 and between Aberdeen and Baltimore we've come to a halt. Have been crawling / stopped for what seems like 30 minutes. Conductor said there is catenary power issues going into Baltimore.

My evening ride home on MARC has been stalled just north of West Baltimore for about 30 minutes. Conductor says it's a signal problem. The train behind us stopedal next to us an then got to move ahead of us. We're now on the move again, but slowly.

You had a 1-2-3 punch on this. CETC basically shut down in rush hour and had to be rebooted. While this occurs, trains can basically make it as far as the nearest interlocking until it runs out of railroad.

So, most traffic halted. This, of course causes congestion, late turns, etc.

If that isn't enough, there is a track project north between Gunpow and Edgewood, resulting in single tracking. As such, you have a bunch of late trains converging on single track territory at once.

The additional insult was single track operation in another section between Perryville and Wilmington.

You had a 1-2-3 punch on this. CETC basically shut down in rush hour and had to be rebooted. While this occurs, trains can basically make it as far as the nearest interlocking until it runs out of railroad.

If that isn't enough, there is a track project north between Gunpow and Edgewood, resulting in single tracking. As such, you have a bunch of late trains converging on single track territory at once.

The additional insult was single track operation in another section between Perryville and Wilmington.
That's a nasty 1-2-3 punch.. Real nasty.

That's a nasty 1-2-3 punch.. Real nasty.

Look at the bright side Acela150: At least the automatics still worked! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back