New Amtrak Diesels from Siemens?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak172

Service Attendant
I was just informed by someone that Amtrak has ordered some new diesel electric locomotives from Siemens. What do you guys think of this? The locomotives will not be replacing the P42's. They will operate on the California corridor and in the Midwest.

What do you guys think about this?

Amtrak172

I was just informed by someone that Amtrak has ordered some new diesel electric locomotives from Siemens. What do you guys think of this? The locomotives will not be replacing the P42's. They will operate on the California corridor and in the Midwest.

What do you guys think about this?

Amtrak172
The locomotives were not ordered by Amtrak. They were ordered by the states and will be owned by the states. As long as Amtrak is the designated operator of each state's service, Amtrak will use the locomotives, but only for the state-funded services. If, in the future, a state chooses another operator, that firm will operate the locomotives.

See this thread for all you want to know about what people think about it and more:

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/56241-rfp-released-for-35-next-gen-locomotives/page-10

Though this URL points to the last page, you could start at page 1 if you have the time and inclination.
Thanks. I'm only on this site for a few months and I've been busy with school and stuff to I haven't had the time to read and search for these discussions. I apologize for me starting new discussions that have already been discussed.

Amtrak172

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'm only on this site for a few months and I've been busy with school and stuff to I haven't had the time to read and search for these discussions. I apologize for me starting new discussions that have already been discussed.

Amtrak172
Don't worry. It is not always easy to find things. Indeed I myself would probably not have known about the old thread that I pointed you to if I had not participated in it myself. Just enjoy and learn. I find this group a very informative body of folk from whom there is much to learn. And of course the more you learn the more you realize how much more there is yet to be learned.

Amtrak172
Don't worry. It is not always easy to find things. Indeed I myself would probably not have known about the old thread that I pointed you to if I had not participated in it myself. Just enjoy and learn. I find this group a very informative body of folk from whom there is much to learn. And of course the more you learn the more you realize how much more there is yet to be learned.

Thanks! Good point. I apologize that I'm wrong about something's. I do wish that people would stop being jerks to me about this (RyanS, I'm looking at you...)

Amtrak172

Last edited by a moderator:

Amtrak172
Thanks! Good point. I apologize that I'm wrong about something's. I do wish that people would stop being jerks to me about this (RyanS, I'm looking at you...)

Amtrak172
Nothing wrong about being wrong occasionally, as long as one takes it with grace and goes on with life. One needs to learn to do that instead of getting upset about Ryan and whoever else. The only thing that one can change with some certainty is ones own behavior. There usually is close to zero chance of changing others' behavior radically. Specially people tend not to take heavy handed advice on such matters from newcomers who have very little credibility in any group. That is a social reality. Just an advice from an old timer. Feel free to ignore at your own peril. ;)
When joining a new group it also help to base ones behavior on the assumption that the one we are discussing things with most likely knows way more than we do, and approach things with due humility that flows from such an assumption. If that is not the case, it will become obvious over time and then behavior can be duly modified taking cognizance of such.

See this thread for all you want to know about what people think about it and more:

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/56241-rfp-released-for-35-next-gen-locomotives/page-10

Though this URL points to the last page, you could start at page 1 if you have the time and inclination.

Amtrak172
No apology needed. I hope you'll stay. Not everyone has been checking this forum for months! :blush: Stay awhile and you'll soon recognize the topics that come up over and over, and where to tread lightly. It's a very helpful forum, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back