New "Amtrak Vacations"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haolerider

Conductor
Amtrak has announced the appointment of Yankee Holidays - based in Mass. to operate the Amtrak Vacations program. This program was halted several years ago, when the operator could not meet their financial payments to hotels, car rental companies, attractions, etc. At that point, Amtrak stepped in and assumed the financial payments to allow the passengers to travel without any interuptions.

Yankee Holidays is a respected company in the industry and this should be a major help to the long distance trains - since the packages will be primarily to leisure destinations across the country.

Aloha

How do I reach them, And/or will they they include Hawaii as an outbound Vacation.

It is nice to go someware else.

That's an encouraging bit of news, especially if it will primarily benefit the long-distance trains.

Aloha gswager

Thanks for the link but from this copied clip There already Amlate :rolleyes:

Packages are available 11/3/05 to 1/2/06. Package price is based on availability and is subject to change without notice.

Hope springs eternal it will improve :eek:

Here is the official Amtrak press release issued February 24th.

The Amtrak Vacations website will be up and running again, operated by Yankee Holidays, beginning April 3. Meanwhile you can visit Yankee Holidays' website for more information about the new tour operator.

GG-1 said:
Aloha gswager
Thanks for the link but from this copied clip There already Amlate :rolleyes:

Packages are available 11/3/05 to 1/2/06. Package price is based on availability and is subject to change without notice.

Hope springs eternal it will improve :eek:
GG1: The packages you refer to on the website were for the Rockettes Holiday Show - not for anything else. Yankee Holidays number is there howver. There will not be anyting available until April 3rd - when the website and brochure will be ready.

No, there will not be any Hawaii packages - the program is meant to sell Amtrak in conjunction with leisure packages and until you get that long bridge finished, Hawaii will not be included.

Aloha,

haolerider said:
There will not be anyting available until April 3rd - when the website and brochure will be ready.
No, there will not be any Hawaii packages - the program is meant to sell Amtrak in conjunction with leisure packages and until you get that long bridge finished, Hawaii will not be included.

Aloha,
Aloha

I understand the intent for selling places to go on Amtrak. But whe I am faced with is penality to leave Hawaii to ride a train. It is frustrating. I will explain.

At the moment the best round trip fare available between now and June 15 is a fare of 479.00 + taxes. there are suposed to be 410 fares but these are sold out. Available to me is a 375.00 fare to Las Vegas (No Rail Service). All on 21 day advance sale and penalties for changes.

My Daughter in Los Angeles can on 4 day advance sale go and buy a round trip ticket for 275.00 and provides for a hotel at 95. a day. 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach.

All I want is a way to get me on a train for the same money, or less, that someone can visiting here. ALso as a package there should be some savings.

I priced a trip this summer in July that adds up to almost 7, Thousand Dollars. My route is extensive but by train I can ticket the following LAX-NOL-WAS-PHI-NYP-TRO-BVC-LAX for, i think it was 780.00 + meals rooms, Hotels etc. the travel miles over 8,000. Yet for the Hawaii flight of a little under 5,000 mile the cost estimated at 550.00, twice the cost to come here.

If I could pakage this and get the travel/rooms/hotels under 4,000 I could do it.

I know I am wandering but it doesnt matter if the Bridge is a plane, but at least let me only have pay the same amount as an inbound visiter

GG-1 said:
haolerider said:
There will not be anyting available until April 3rd - when the website and brochure will be ready.

Aloha,
Aloha

I understand the intent for selling places to go on Amtrak. But whe I am faced with is penality to leave Hawaii to ride a train. It is frustrating. I will explain.

At the moment the best round trip fare available between now and June 15 is a fare of 479.00 + taxes. there are suposed to be 410 fares but these are sold out. Available to me is a 375.00 fare to Las Vegas (No Rail Service). All on 21 day advance sale and penalties for changes.

My Daughter in Los Angeles can on 4 day advance sale go and buy a round trip ticket for 275.00 and provides for a hotel at 95. a day. 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach.

All I want is a way to get me on a train for the same money, or less, that someone can visiting here. ALso as a package there should be some savings.

I priced a trip this summer in July that adds up to almost 7, Thousand Dollars. My route is extensive but by train I can ticket the following LAX-NOL-WAS-PHI-NYP-TRO-BVC-LAX for, i think it was 780.00 + meals rooms, Hotels etc. the travel miles over 8,000. Yet for the Hawaii flight of a little under 5,000 mile the cost estimated at 550.00, twice the cost to come here.

If I could pakage this and get the travel/rooms/hotels under 4,000 I could do it.

I know I am wandering but it doesnt matter if the Bridge is a plane, but at least let me only have pay the same amount as an inbound visiter
I don't know what Amtrak Vacations can do about that - they don't price airline tickets and there is no reason to have them involved in Hawaii. I think we have been through this scenario before..........call it the price you pay to live in Paradise''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back