New Booking Question +

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to make a booking for my family from Wilmington De to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise next March, Looks like the booking just opened for my date of travel.

We''ll be purchasing one way and flying back as we don't have enough time at the end of the trip to take the train back but I did build a day in so we can take the train down.

I'll be buying 2 Roomettes, Should I purchase them now, will this be the lowest prices on them?

Looks like the Silver Meteor is the best option of the 2?

We'll be arriving the night before the cruise,(Friday night, Cruise is Sat) ETA is 6PM into Fort Lauderdale, is there a link to see how late this train has been on average?

I should be safe with this eta correct, allowing a few hours of delay?

From what I read about cancellation, I have 7 days from the trip date to cancel to get a full refund?

Thank you,

Yes, book now, but do not print your ticket until you must. (Maybe even at the station when you depart!
excl.gif
) Then keep checking rates, and if you find a lower rate, you can always rebook without penalty!
cool.gif

As far as the cancellation penalty, if you want a cash (or credit card) refund, you must cancel prior to 7 days for a refund of the accommodation charge. However, if you want a refund, you get 90% of the value of the ticket. But if you accept a voucher (good for 1 year), it is for 100% of the value!
excl.gif
The rail fare portion of the ticket can be canceled up to departure, with the same rates.

Thx I booked, went back on to check something to do a mock booking and the roomettes were $79.00 higher x 2.....$158.00

Here is what we got

2 Viewliner Roomettes / Car 9710, Room 002 / Car 9710, Room 001

ok?

Looks good. I have taken the Silver Star to Ft Lauderdale several times

for a cruise. We always go one day early. I have returned by the Star

without incident. Just took a cab from the ship to the train station.

If you are interested, there are several hotels that have a cruise option

which includes transport from the hotel to the ship in addition to the room.

The Hilton and the Sheraton also offer transport to the hotel for a reasonable

rate.

I hope you enjoy the train and the cruise.

Looks good. I have taken the Silver Star to Ft Lauderdale several times

for a cruise. We always go one day early. I have returned by the Star

without incident. Just took a cab from the ship to the train station.

If you are interested, there are several hotels that have a cruise option

which includes transport from the hotel to the ship in addition to the room.

The Hilton and the Sheraton also offer transport to the hotel for a reasonable

rate.

I hope you enjoy the train and the cruise.
The Hilton & Sheraton are both excellent choices. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott next to the FLL/Dania Beach Tri-Rail station and a Homewood Suites across the street from there. You could walk to either without needing a cab. The FLL/Dania Beach Tri-Rail station is the 1st Tri-Rail stop south of Fort Lauderdale.

Both the Courtyard & Homewood are right next to the FDOT/CSX main line. I have stayed at all (except the Sheraton, of which I have been in the lobby only) and had good experiences at each. My only caveat is that you'll find that dining options are limited around both the Courtyard & Homewood except for a seafood restaurant at the Bass Pro Shops next door and a Subway a few blocks up.

Thx I booked, went back on to check something to do a mock booking and the roomettes were $79.00 higher x 2.....$158.00

Here is what we got

ok?
Don't write you car and room number on the forum! They will get deleted by the moderater because they can cause you danger!

Here is what we got

ok?
Don't write you car and room number on the forum! They will get deleted by the moderater because they can cause you danger!
I do agree. But in this case the OP is asking if these two Roomettes are a good location. There are minor exceptions. In this case the OP didn't post the travel date. Let the Admins and Moderators make the call.

To the OP. Your roomette will be the first roomettes as soon as you turn the corner. 1 will be on your left and 2 on your right. IF the cars are in the correct postion. Your car will be in front of the diner. :) Walk one car back and you will be in the diner. :) You will get free meals which are included in your sleeper fare! :) Wilmington and Fort Lauderdale have checked baggage. If you have big bags check them. Three bags per ticket for free! :) Just bring an overnight bag. That's some basic tips that I can think of.

Thank You All, I booked all the way through to Miami, was going to spend the night in Lauderdale but since we are arriving at 7 PM or later, we'll probably head to the Hotel and chill

Thank You All, I booked all the way through to Miami, was going to spend the night in Lauderdale but since we are arriving at 7 PM or later, we'll probably head to the Hotel and chill
Check and see if the Amtrak Rail & Cruise discount is still in effect.

If you are lucky, Leo will be your sleeping car attendant. He usually works the 9710 car, but of course, not every day. :lol:

In my opinion, you have the 2 best roomettes on the train.

Have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back