New Consist for the City of New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manchacrr

Lead Service Attendant
As of late, the City of New Orleans/Texas Eagle has been running with an unusual new consist order. The new consist has been in effect for at least a month now and was apparently done so that the Eagle's thru cars to LAX can be more easily cut off and attached to the Sunset Limited at San Antonio.

The updated consist is as follows:

P42

Trans-Dorm

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Sightseer Lounge

CCC

Coach

Sleeper

Nope. The Texas Eagle and City of New Orleans run with only one regular sleeper, at the rear, and the transition sleeper at the front.

The change to the consist layout on these trains was noted a couple weeks ago in a couple of threads on here.

As of late, the City of New Orleans/Texas Eagle has been running with an unusual new consist order. The new consist has been in effect for at least a month now and was apparently done so that the Eagle's thru cars to LAX can be more easily cut off and attached to the Sunset Limited at San Antonio.

P42

Trans-Dorm

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Sightseer Lounge

CCC

Coach

Sleeper
Slight Correction: The TrandDorm is behind the Single Engine, (Occasionally there will be Two Engines between SAS and FTW), then the CCC,the SightSeer Lounge, then a Coach/Baggage Car, Two Regular Coaches (One of the Coaches is Usuually Deadheaded between STL and SAS/Most Days It Runs Empty Except between CHI and STL where it's known as #321/#322) then the Revenue Sleeper on the Rear!

P42

Trans-Dorm

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Sightseer Lounge

CCC

Coach

Sleeper
Slight Correction: The TrandDorm is behind the Single Engine, (Occasionally there will be Two Engines between SAS and FTW), then the CCC,the SightSeer Lounge, then a Coach/Baggage Car, Two Regular Coaches (One of the Coaches is Usuually Deadheaded between STL and SAS/Most Days It Runs Empty Except between CHI and STL where it's known as #321/#322) then the Revenue Sleeper on the Rear!
Or we can check this post, which shows the updated City of New Orleans/Texas Eagle consist, which was posted exactly one month ago and matches that in the original post.

Another consist change has appeared on the CONO this week. I talked to the conductor of today's #58 at Hammond, LA and he said that this new consist would be in place through at least June.

The consist is now as follows:

P42

Trans-Dorm

Sleeper

CCC

Sightseer Lounge

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Coach

Another consist change has appeared on the CONO this week. I talked to the conductor of today's #58 at Hammond, LA and he said that this new consist would be in place through at least June.

P42

Trans-Dorm

Sleeper

CCC

Sightseer Lounge

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Coach
Guess itll be Easier to Switch in CHI for the CONO/Eagle Runthrough Consist instead of SAS for the Eagle/Sunset Cut Out Sleepr and Coach since the Eagle carries the LAX Sleeper and Coach on the Rear! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

P42

Trans-Dorm

Sleeper

CCC

Sightseer Lounge

Coach-Baggage

Coach

Coach
Guess itll be Easier to Switch in CHI for the CONO/Eagle Runthrough Consist instead of SAS for the Eagle/Sunset Cut Out Sleepr and Coach since the Eagle carries the LAX Sleeper and Coach on the Rear! :blink:
Who knows. This is about the 4th or 5th consist change for the CONO within the past year.

Not a problem for me, the farther away from the horn the better!
And I'm just the opposite. I love to hear the horn and the clickity clack of the tracks -- which is why I love viewliners (closer to the tracks). I know I'm weird. :eek:hboy: Oh well... I'll be on the Eagle in a few weeks, and we're thinking of booking the CONO from CIN to NO I'm just having no luck. :giggle:

Hmmm. Well I was looking forward to having that railfan window at the rear of our sleeper on the CONO in April. :giggle:

Looks like I will just have to settle for the lounge car or walk back to the last coach :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back