New Furniture in DCs Club Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafi

Conductor
Baltimore, MD (primary); Culpeper, VA; Washington,
Just a quick heads-up to let everyone know that DC's Club Acela has FINALLY gotten a furniture replacement. The once canary yellow sofas and chairs had long turned a threadbare greenish-brown with worn armrests, so this was a welcome replacement. Also fixed is the height of the chairs on the upper level; the old chairs were so low that when most people sat in them, the brass railing was at eye-level, blocking any view of the TVs. The new chairs thankfully sit higher, providing a much more comfortable viewing position. The lounge looks a heck of a lot better now.

Rafi

We were also impressed by the furniture in the New York Acela Lounge. And I still contend that at the beginning the Lounge in Chicago which also is looking some better with new furniture and perhaps carpet, also had the lamps and pictures and accessories that New York has. I was quite impressed by that room.. I wondered how they handle large crowds though with such a small area in comparison and so many departures. It is a much needed step in the right direction.. There I said something Positive!

Dear Traveler,

I sure hope you don't get the crew we had on Friday out of Chicago and others had returning. A nightmare.. The car cannot under good staff conditions work under todays loads. Unbelievably they are planing according to the room attendant to take off the lounge next year. A totally unexceptable situation. I just wrote a long letter to the Customer Service management person I met this spring who had championed the CCD in glowing terms. I hope he will consider the effects of these changes in todays atmosphere. Serving 8 at a time is not possible without eating at 11pm which we experienced and the coach passengers that were supposed to make the car pay, can't even get in. Worse yet was our all time worse service. This car is bad enough with decent people trying to make it work. This crew could have cared less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel for the crew. I work for a big company and we get these "new ways" of doing something that either a 2nd grader thought up or someone that has never performed the job has thought up. Then for months we state: "it doesn't work, it doesn't work" and the ones not working with it says, "yes it does, yes it does!" Then the "attitude" creeps in, the attitude of "who cares, we didn't design it, we just have to take all the **** from the customers". I've been there and felt that!

Al

I feel for the crew. I work for a big company and we get these "new ways" of doing something that either a 2nd grader thought up or someone that has never performed the job has thought up. Then for months we state: "it doesn't work, it doesn't work" and the ones not working with it says, "yes it does, yes it does!" Then the "attitude" creeps in, the attitude of "who cares, we didn't design it, we just have to take all the **** from the customers". I've been there and felt that!
Al
Yes the situation was not great for the crew.. But the customers were taking the ***** from the crew in this case. No excuse for that. If anything it should be the crew if they are really customer service minded that would attempt to make a bad situation for all better.. Unless of course you don't give a *** what people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back