New Member and Thank you

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too, thought that it was time that I should introduce myself. I have been here for a few weeks.

I would like to thank everyone for the great information posted. I have found answers to many of my questions and have learned about some of the essential things like duct tape for train travel.

I live in Ontario, Canada west of Toronto. I have travelled Via rail a number of times to and from Toronto and also to Quebec City. In 2008, I took one of my sons to Halifax on the Ocean. We slept in coach on the way down but had a bedroom on the way home. It was great. A number of years ago, we took the Polar Bear Express in Northern Ontario from Cochrane to Moosonee. Some day I would like to take the Canadian.

So my first Amtrak trip will be in early February as follows:

BUF to CHI on the LSL in coach*

CHI to LAX on the SWC in a roomette

(in LA for a few days)

LAX to CHI on the TE

CHI to BUF on the LSL in a roomette

*It was half the cost to take a train from BUF instead of TWO

I signed up for the AGR program and already have 250 points.

Although there are already posts about trips on the trains we are taking, I will post some type of report and will record the consists if possible.

An Amtrak Canadian :cool:

Welcome! Beautiful Canada eh! My sister-in-law lives in Ottawa, visited this lovely city in the Summer, a great place! My in-laws all live around Toronto, another really nice City/area ! My late wife is buried in Oakville, we rode the corridor VIA trains many times, also the Adirondack NYP-Montreal, the Maple Leaf to/from NY

and the over night train The Constellation from Montreal-Toronto which unfortunately no longer runs! I plan to ride the Ocean and the Canadian in warm season!, Your plan is very good! Did you get the AGR Master Card from Chase, a good way to rack up AGR points for sure! Since this just isnt about Amtrak wed love to share your trip reports/travel in Canada, please dont hesitate to ask questions and share, this is a great forum! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back