New Member from a closed station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings, all

I'm located in Phoenix, AZ (ok - Mesa, but big difference). One of the stations that was (unfortunately) dropped from Amtraks network about 15 years ago. :( We still get Amtrak service, but we have to drive to MRC (Maricopa), TUS (Tucson) or FLG (Flagstaff) if we want to ride. :(

I took my first train trip when I was in 7th grade - from Atlanta to Washington on the Crescent. More recently I've ridden the Cacsades from Portland up to Olympia, and the Coast Starlight from Olympia down to Oakland. I've got another trip planned in the near future - on the Sunset Limited from MRC to SAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AU!

I have many memories of Phoenix from when I lived in AZ. But since Senator McCain made it clear that "Amtrak doesn't serve my state", I haven't been back to PHX (for the last 10 years). Now if only I could take Amtrak to his state! :rolleyes:

Greetings, allI'm located in Phoenix, AZ (ok - Mesa, but big difference). One of the stations that was (unfortunately) dropped from Amtraks network about 15 years ago. :( We still get Amtrak service, but we have to drive to MRC (Maricopa), TUS (Tucson) or FLG (Flagstaff) if we want to ride. :(

I took my first train trip when I was in 7th grade - from Atlanta to Washington on the Crescent. More recently I've ridden the Cacsades from Portland up to Olympia, and the Coast Starlight from Olympia down to Oakland. I've got another trip planned in the near future - on the Sunset Limited from MRC to SAS.

amtrak train doesn't go through phx but they do contract with the bus that will take you to flg, hope you ride soo choo choo

Back